Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CdrSkull, please explain how to make a flash skin like yours!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CdrSkull, please explain how to make a flash skin like yours!

I would love to do one for my car and share it with the community, but after inspecting your skin i'm totally lost.

Can you post a few guidelines about how you made the menu on the left and the other things?

first off I used swishmax, as I think flashmx was a bit to indepth for me. You then need to learn about sprites, there like mini-movies.. so the menu at the side is like its own movies.. so frame 1 to 20 its slides in then stops.. then I do all the buttons so say 21 to 30 one button moves.. so on mouse over, it plays frame 21 to 30 then stops.. 31 to 40 is another button.. on hover plays 31 to 40.. then about 100 to 120 then menu goes back in.. what u dont see is when the menu comes out, theres a big hotspot that appears on the rest of the screen, on click on this it goes and plays frame 100 to 120, then goes to frame 1 and stops.. this resets the menu.

once u suss it flash opens up a whole frontend.. anything is possible.

I will start playing again soon, got a few ideas I want to try out.. just need to finish freedrive upto a decent standard and get my install done

hope this info helps

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Yes! It helps a lot because i have no idea how flash works. I have to try the flash app you mentioned. But one more thing, how do you attach flash buttons or graphics to a RR command?

Comment

I'm interested in this as well. The best thing would be if we could get hold of the original files for making the flash movie if possible or is it possible to decompile a flash movie?

I am actually surprised that more flash skins haven't been make. Maybe it's the learning curve to make it all happen.

I have a few good ideas for a skin
        Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

I've messed around with flash in one of my skins. I recommend using swishmax because it's pretty easy to use. Also, get familiar with the "RR Skin Editor."
          Some good swish tutorials can be found at www.swish-db.com.

Once you get the hang of swish and the RR Editor, All you have to do is create a label in one of the skins. The "VOLUME" label code in RR, for example, usually displays the current volume percentage in your skin. It also sends that percentage in a variable by the name of VOLUME to your flash movie.

To utilize the variable in flash you can either create a dynamic text box named VOLUME or write some script like:

if (VOLUME=="50%")
          {
          gotoAndStop("<current scene>",7);
          }
          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy Benjamin Franklin

Comment

thx... any info helps
            Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

For those who wish to learn, there's also a BASIC flash example of sending commands to RR and receiving info from RR with the brushmetal skin: sample.fla and sample.swf...
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I keep trying to make the flash skin, at the moment i have a flash button that should open the AUDIO skin, I use this bit of code :

on (press) {

getURL( "fscommand:AUDIO","" );

}

But nothing happens. Any suggestion ?

Comment

OK here is the right syntax for that.

on (press) {

fscommand ("AUDIO","" );

}

Good Luck

Comment

Still no luck with it. That sucks because i can write c++ applications but i know nothing about flash and rr skins.

I'm attaching a zip with the skin( it sucks its just a test ), please someone tell me what's wrong, or i'll give up.

Edit: swish files, swf, jpg and .skin included in the zip
                    Attached Files

Comment

your flash is correct.. you just havent kept RR's skin format.. rename your audio.skin to Audio_Player.skin and it works fine :-)

CdR
                      Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

****! thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X