Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I blacked out the LCD background on my Alpine Skin - So much sharper! (pics inside)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I blacked out the LCD background on my Alpine Skin - So much sharper! (pics inside)

I think this looks a lot sharper than the red checkered. I also changed the eject button into another search button.

Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

Looks sharp to me!
    Zen Fat Loss

Comment

What font are you using?

Comment

bottom right looks like comic sans
        .______
        | '_ |__\___
        [(o)|___(o)] XB
        ._________
        | I__I I_I|_\__I
        [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Same font that Alpine came with. I'd have to look at what it is when I get home

Please help.

Comment

haha... that means you probably haven't seen the alpine skin with the "INTENDED" look..

It uses the lcd2.ttf font... from your screen shot and your statement, it's easy to see why you didn't like the "dotted" background -- it was just meant to use with the LCD font which is also Dotted in simulating dotted-grid LCD screen. I'd suggest installing the font and trying the original skin again (just to see what it looks like)... but there's nothing wrong with using a customized skin..
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I like the original look of the skin but I do have readability issues in daylight conditions. Blacking out the background does help and I changed fonts for the track listing to something more clear.

Comment

Hey! My original Amber Skin doesn't have those gps/info/contrast/menu buttons. It doesn't have "displacement bar" too...
                Sorry my poor English! I've learned more English from Internet that from school.

Comment

Originally posted by damoru
                  Hey! My original Amber Skin doesn't have those gps/info/contrast/menu buttons. It doesn't have "displacement bar" too...
                  Well looks like you oughty update that skin, eh? MM website has updated versions!

Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                    haha... that means you probably haven't seen the alpine skin with the "INTENDED" look..

It uses the lcd2.ttf font... from your screen shot and your statement, it's easy to see why you didn't like the "dotted" background -- it was just meant to use with the LCD font which is also Dotted in simulating dotted-grid LCD screen. I'd suggest installing the font and trying the original skin again (just to see what it looks like)... but there's nothing wrong with using a customized skin..

Oh, weird. I just scrolled up and realized the font on my screen shot. Where did that come from? I have always used the LCD font. I can't begin to explain where the font above came from. However, I like it. I intend to figure out where it came from and start using it. I just loaded RR again and got this

Just like I always have. Yeah Guino I realize that the LCD theme was the intended look, but I still personally liked it better blacked out. Actually, I like it better blacked out w/ the above font.

Please help.

Comment

Ok It is Comic Sans up above, I have no clue how that happened though.

Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by J187
                        Well looks like you oughty update that skin, eh? MM website has updated versions!
                        Ehem... I thought that changes were into RR skin, not into MM skin...

So I'm going to update now. Thanks!
                        Sorry my poor English! I've learned more English from Internet that from school.

Comment

Originally posted by damoru
                          Ehem... I thought that changes were into RR skin, not into MM skin...

So I'm going to update now. Thanks!
                          Allow me to clarify - MM = MoreMod's website.

Please help.

Comment

OK, After testing I have figured it out. Although Present in the Windows>Font folders, The LCD Font is not activated until, get this, I open the font folder. That's it. Not double clikc the font, but just open the folder. I've tried this on 2 comps at work so far, same result. Very strange. THat SS was taken off my GF's comp.

Please help.

Comment

umm... how did you install the font.. typically, if you don't copy it into the fonts folder using Windows Explorer (Folders), it just copies the file and it may not work all the time.. I noticed this when I tried to unzio the font directly into the fonts folder (doesn't work).
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
                              X