Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Attempt

Hey guys

I came across this site last week and it inspired me to take the plunge. I think what you are all doing is really cool.

I'm working on my own skin and I'm pretty happy with the way its coming so far. This is a preview. Let me know what you think. Any suggestions/comments are welcome.

I'm sure I'll have some questions down the road, but this looks like a well run forum and I've got a lot of useful information already.

What can I say ? I love grey... and blue is my second preference..

(my) suggestions:
    I'd like to see the same effect on the Volume buttons on the menu buttons and even have the same type of buttons on for the audio controls on the bottom..

PS: Nice post #1 (was just on the wrong thread -- took care of it for you)..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Looking good!!
      Hardware: Via Epia M10000, 512MB DDR RAM, 3,5" 40 Gig HD, slimline DVD-ROM & CD-R/RW, M1-ATX (PSU).
      Software: Roadrunner, Mapmonkey/Freedrive

My Car PC project
      FD & MM voices

Comment

wow that is NICE! keep it up

Comment

good work dude. im starting my first skin soon too.
          Steve Davis
          www.CraniumDesigns.com

Comment

Thanks guys. Unfortunatly I haven't had as much time to work on it as I'd like.

Originally posted by guino
            (my) suggestions:
            I'd like to see the same effect on the Volume buttons on the menu buttons and even have the same type of buttons on for the audio controls on the bottom..
            Good call on the buttons, I got that changed and it looks much better, as for the audio control buttons, I decided to change the hue of them to make them a little more blue. I am planning on making a couple of different color variations of the skin and I think those buttons will be a nice accent.

By the way, Guino, your program rocks. Thank you.

Here's the latest version of my audio_player:

Originally posted by guino
            PS: Nice post #1 (was just on the wrong thread -- took care of it for you)..
            Thanks again

Comment

Looks good, like Guino said grey is good!

One thing to keep in mind is that the buttons on the lower part (prev, play, next etc) are going to be really small on a 7" screen.

Comment

Great skin!

Make the play|forward|stop|.... buttons larger.. think they'll be hard to hit with the finger if they're too small.

Comment

Only suggestion. Spin the volume - button around so that it angels toward the + button like the other side. Other than that, I'd have to say that aesthetically, that's one of the best skins yet! Take your time and do the rest of it just as nice as you did that!
                  Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
                  Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
                  I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
                  Please help.

Comment

Awesome mate. looks good. keep us posted!!
                    Carputer HW Status: 70%
                    Carputer SW Status: 15%

Microcontroller HW Status: 20%
                    Microcontroller SW Status: 10%

Comment

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your support. I was out of town this past weekend, but I've been anxious to get back to it.

J187, I completely agree with you about the volume button now that you pointed it out.

I'll be sure to put up some more updates when I get them for anyone who is interested.

Comment

Here is the latest progress on the skin. I cleaned up the interface a little with the suggestions I got like increasing the size and flipping some buttons. I also made the graphic in the background

Here is a screen capture of the main menu:

Here is what I have done to the CD/MP3 screen (AudioPlayer):

I really wanted to keep the CD player internal and I figured out somewhat of a workaround. I posted it here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55956 It still has some kinks, but hopefully I can clear them up. Any help would be appreciated.

I have made good progress on the tuner screen. I'm hoping to have that posted tomorrow.

Comment

Keep rolling. You are a talented dude. Looks awesome! I personally would have left the vol and contrast buttons facing eachother so there is exact simetry on each side. Not sure how everyone else feels. I can't wait for more progress on this one.
                          Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
                          Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
                          I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
                          Please help.

Comment

looks good!

I'd change however either the Volume buttons or the Mute/Gamma buttons... I think they should be the same style (either both sides /___| |___\ or both sides |___\/___|)

I'd also probably consider removing Settings from the menu, and putting it under Misc or something... but thats just my preference (I dont use settings often enough to be on every screen and I dont like ppl messing around)
                            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                            Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Looking good.
                              www.vortexleather.com

Comment

Working...
                              X