How-to skin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How-to skin?

Is there any How-to to learn how to skin skins for RR?

If not, can someone give me a quick rewiew, so can see if it's worth learning, or I just should give up...

Thanks

There's no tutorial currently, but you should read the thread below, then read up on Skin Commands.txt to know what you can/can't do and look at current skins as an example... after doing that you should have a good idea of how things work ...

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54000
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

And to answer your question, yes its certainly worth learning. Even if you do not learn how to create full skins for the program, learning the basics of it will help you to troubleshoot problems on your own, and custom tailor you existing skins to better suit your needs.
      Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
      Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
      I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
      Please help.

Comment

This seems like something I want to learn

Now I just got to read....

Btw, do i need VB to make skins?

Comment

Originally posted by Go-carter
          This seems like something I want to learn

Now I just got to read....

Btw, do i need VB to make skins?
          No certainly not. What you will find in skin commands.txt is that Guino has provided tons of commands already coded for that are easy to trigger by simply using keywords within the skin. Go to guino's site and download the skin editor. Read through skin commands.txt (found in RR folder) and then load some skins into the editor and start looking at how they are coded.(kind of like disecting). I will tell this to get you started skinning.

1. Skins are made up of graphic files, usually JPG, that have button areas programed over them.
          2. there are typically 3 graphics files for every skin screen. A "Down" condition, an "off" condition and an "ON" condition. The "Off" condition is what your skin will look like when your mouse pointer is off of it and you haven't pushed any buttons or anything. The "On" condition is what the particular area of the skin that your mouse pointer is over will look like when your pointer is over that particular area. (usually highlighted or something). The down condition is what the area looks like when you push a button. Only the button pushed changes graphically, and typically it becomes shaded on the perimeter and moves up a tiny bit to create the illusion that the button is being pushed.
          3. The graphic file is only a mask so to speak. The buttons and labels and such are invisible and lay on top of the background graphic. The map of buttons and labels and such is known as a .skin file. The buttons are actually coded in these skin files and look something like this
          B01,025,034,374,111,"AUDIO",""
          B02,399,256,374,111,"PHOCO",""

Or in the command box of the skin editor which is much easier.
          4. When the area of the invisible button is clicked, the corresponding code is executed. The fact that the area is in visible, is why we have a graphics file as the mask, so that we can see an actual button and click it. The trick is, the button area as defined in the skin file, is outlining the button in the graphic. This will all make much more sense as you play around with skin editor and graphics files.
          Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
          Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
          I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
          Please help.

Comment

thnx!

Comment

Working...
            X