Is this possible? Button to load playlist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this possible? Button to load playlist

I'm not sure this is possible but what i'd like to do is assign buttons on the Zots skin to load specific playlists or music folders into RR. The button would essentially have to do the following tasks

-clear current playlist
    -load defined playlist (one playlist per button)

is this possible. I looked in skincommands.txt but i couldnt figure out if it was possible. I have already created my buttons and edited the skin... now i just need to know the command to accomplish this.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

I don't know wether RR supports it, but it is a great Idea!
    Hardware: Via Epia M10000, 512MB DDR RAM, 3,5" 40 Gig HD, slimline DVD-ROM & CD-R/RW, M1-ATX (PSU).
    Software: Roadrunner, Mapmonkey/Freedrive

My Car PC project
    FD & MM voices

Comment

Use the RUNQ command to run winamp along with the playlist path of the .M3U to load, then use "RELOADLIST" to make it effective.

"RUNQ;C:\Progra~1\Winamp\Winamp.exe|D:\Music\MyLis t.M3U||RELOADLIST"
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

you're the man guino! The more i learn about RR the sweeter it gets!

Comment

this is very close to an idea i had a LONG time ago about how to load music dir or playlist up like it was a huge cd changer.

Is there anway we can get this to work with only one button push? It basicly just steps through each playlist as if it were a track.

Speaking of playlist, in RR there is a save list button to save a playlist, how do you load that playlist back up? After i save it I dont see it anywhere.
          01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
          01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
          mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

i've attached a pic of my zots screen. The circled buttons each load a different playlist. I only wish i knew how to edit the .psd to label each button. Not sure if ur talkin about doin it the same way but i've tested it and it works fine.
            Attached Files

Comment

Label it using the RR Skineditor, saves messing about then.

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke
                this is very close to an idea i had a LONG time ago about how to load music dir or playlist up like it was a huge cd changer.
                Is there anway we can get this to work with only one button push? It basicly just steps through each playlist as if it were a track.
                Speaking of playlist, in RR there is a save list button to save a playlist, how do you load that playlist back up? After i save it I dont see it anywhere.
                You can use SwitchButton and SetLabel for that..

In ExecTBL.INI:

"LOADROCK","RUNQ;<Path>\Winamp.exe <Path>\Rock.m3u||RELOADLIST"
                "LOADPOP","RUNQ;<Path>\Winamp.exe <Path>\Pop.m3u||RELOADLIST"
                "LOADRAP","RUNQ;<Path>\Winamp.exe <Path>\Rap.m3u||RELOADLIST"

Then on define a custom label and the button as:

L,xxx,xxx...,"!PLAYLIST","Rock"
                B1,xxx,xxx....,"LOADROCK||SETLABEL;!PLAYLIST;Pop|| SWITCHBUTTON;1>>LOADPOP||SETLABEL;!PLAYLIST;Rap||S WITCHBUTTON;1>>LOADRAP||SETLABEL;!PLAYLIST;Rock||S WITCHBUTTON;1",""

Your playlists are saved wherever you setup in RRConfig... as long as you set it a place you can browse to, you should be able to load them up.
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
                  i've attached a pic of my zots screen. The circled buttons each load a different playlist. I only wish i knew how to edit the .psd to label each button. Not sure if ur talkin about doin it the same way but i've tested it and it works fine.

the way i was thinking is similar to this but only uses 2 buttons, up and down.
                  the way it is in your screenshot are the playlist limited to how many buttons you have?

beer replenishment fund
                  mp3car live search

Comment

should tell myself to RTFM, lol,
                    didnt see the post right above mine,

beer replenishment fund
                    mp3car live search

Comment

Working...
                    X