Directions Indicator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directions Indicator

Is there a skin with working MM Direction Indicators and labels that can be downloaded? I just dont seem to be able to get it to work on my skin.

I don't know of any released skin that supports it. But the main thing to get it working is to have the MM_*.jpg files in the CURRENT SKIN's folder, and have MM propperly setup according to the FAQs..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Giuno, is it possible for us to do this with FreeDrive??? I think Cdrskull has added the sdk commands for it.

Comment

I'll be doing that as soon as I have some time to test it..
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thanks Guino

Comment

Check out this post, I have made a Screen in the Zots skin that allows you to get the Directions on the Front LCD. Here is for FreeDrive http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...&postcount=389

Here is the Files for Mapmonkey that I had done: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...&postcount=381

It works great. I use the Freedrive one, just because I really like Freedrive much better than Mapmonkey now.

Later,
            Bryan
            2000 Yukon Denali
            Shuttle SN65G2
            Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
            1GB PC800 Mem
            Radeon9200 PRO
            Seagate 120GB
            ATI Remote
            RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
            7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor
            USB 2.0 Hub
            Rikaline GPS-6010
            PN11 802.11b Wireless
            XP Pro
            750W Inverter

Comment

i think he wants the direction indicator like the arrow for left/right, yada yada... not just an information display....
              Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
              Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Here is what my current FreeDrive one looks like. This is on my Desktop without a GPS hooked up so it is not showing all of the data.

You must put the Menu.skin in your Zots.day Folder under the Skins folder in Road Runner.

You must put the Freedrive SDK.ini file under the C:\Program Files\FreeDrive directory. Replacing what you currently have.

On the Image, You see the Yellow On. Just above this it will tell you what your Next Maneuver will be such as:

Turn Right
                On:
                Name of Road for you to turn on will show below On
                Under Dist to Next: will give you how much further you have till the Next Turn or Maneuver.

The Rest of the items you can see what they are for.

I have been using this for about 2 months now and love it, hope you like it yourself.

Bryan
                Attached Files
                2000 Yukon Denali
                Shuttle SN65G2
                Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
                1GB PC800 Mem
                Radeon9200 PRO
                Seagate 120GB
                ATI Remote
                RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
                7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor
                USB 2.0 Hub
                Rikaline GPS-6010
                PN11 802.11b Wireless
                XP Pro
                750W Inverter

Comment

bryan, he as asking for one thing, you are offering a different one!

He wants to know about RR turn indicators, which allow you to show an arrow on the skin, not text saying "turn right", they are real arrows, images...

as guino said it isnt supported yet in road runner, not dependant on skin!
                  Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

I have Direction indicators working with freedrive. Mc_Stoo and I worked on it a while back but I never got a chance to use it in a skin.
                    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Ok guys, here you go!

These are the skin I made. I have the arrows also available in white (100x100). Distance to indicators still don't work due to a bug in MM. Hope to have FD working with it soon.
                      Attached Files
                      My car: 2009 MAZDA CX-9 3.7L V6 runnin on LPG (Liquid Petrol Gas)
                      Hardware: None at the moment
                      Software: None at the moment
                      See: Velleman K8055 Plugin for Road Runner

Progress: [XXXXXXXXXX] 0 % DONE

Comment

The codebase isn't there in RR currently to allow the turn arrows on skins, once it is then the skins are easy to do, the stuf MC_Stoo did was flash based and I'm trying to avoid using flash as much as possible due to speed issues.

Comment

the codebase is in there for MM, just not for FD, right? but guino should get it pretty quickly... also CDR had some flash ones that he could maybe release....
                          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

The codebase in indeed in for MM. Im using the latest release myself. For FD some modifications will have to be made but it should be pretty easy.
                            My car: 2009 MAZDA CX-9 3.7L V6 runnin on LPG (Liquid Petrol Gas)
                            Hardware: None at the moment
                            Software: None at the moment
                            See: Velleman K8055 Plugin for Road Runner

Progress: [XXXXXXXXXX] 0 % DONE

Comment

I've already added support for FD DIRECTION indicators... using the same MM images by 307sw_nld... will be out on the next release.
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X