This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Skin Tutorial - File Download

Tutorial to help you learn how to skin for RR.

Redone and improved. Much easier to view as HTML file.

LINK FIXED 12/01/06 (Also Attached to this Thread).

Thanks.

http://http://www.savefile.com/files/307062 (HTML File for use offline. Open in Web Browser)

Instructions: Click link. Go to download page and select download file. Use WinRAR to extract. Open the file "how to skin.html" in a web browser.
    Attached Files
    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

Now you need to download a copy of CutePDF Writer (freeware) to convert the powerpoint into a pdf.

BTW: Great job. I'll try using it to see if I can skin.

Comment

You feel it would be easier in PDF? I didn't think of that. WIll it still show the animations?

Please help.

Comment

Oh. Didn't see the animation slides.

It won't show animation. I dislike animation anyway. I just figured that maybe not everyone has ms powerpoint. Don't know if openoffice could handle it.

Comment

Will it show slide transitions and such? No.
          But here's a PDF.

Screw CutePDF. I've got a full version of Acrobat, courtesy of work.

Here it is in PDF format:
          How To Skin RR (requires Acrobat Reader 7.0)
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

@Widower - There is only I think 2 animations, one of which helps the understanding a tiny tiny bit. No biggie.

@DP - Thanks, I have a full copy of Acrobat too curtesy of my brother's work. Thanks for the PDF - I included it above!

Please help.

Comment

thanks j187. Good work.
              Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Nice Job as well.. I'll put a sticky on this one too..
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Nice work Even though it was some work to view it, I didn't have Powerpoint or Acrobat installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Meelobee
                    Nice work Even though it was some work to view it, I didn't have Powerpoint or Acrobat installed.
                    Yeah, well your a better man for having installed one of those two. . .

Thanks.

Please help.

Comment

wow, you have changed my perception of skinning from having to be a programming maniac, to just having patience, I can do this!!!!! thank you, thank you, Thank you....

your guide gives a real good basic understanding of the skinning process, & is awsome in it's simplicity & details at the same time.......did I say THANK YOU....
                      MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6
                        wow, you have changed my perception of skinning from having to be a programming maniac, to just having patience, I can do this!!!!! thank you, thank you, Thank you....

your guide gives a real good basic understanding of the skinning process, & is awsome in it's simplicity & details at the same time.......did I say THANK YOU....
                        Glad to help. I did it because I think skinning or skin editing is something that really anyone can do but People are intimidated by uneccessarily. Plus, I hope it takes a bit of the pressure off Guino to have to help people with small basic changes they can make to their own Skins.

I chose the presentation method because I think it creates a focused environment where people pay more attetion and retain more detail. One thing at a time.

Please help.

Comment

Dude, you're officially LOVED!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
                          I've always wanted to make my own skin and now I may have the chance to play around and customize things myself!! THANK YOU!!!!
                          VER. 3.0- Check out below:
                          車コンピュータ 3.0

Comment

BTW, any feedback would be appreciated too. Especially from those who are not really familiar with skinning in the first place. I want to know if this helps and/or if I left something unclear.

Please help.

Comment

it's still unclear how the numeric points are determined for positioning, but I haven't had my system in yet to play with it, so I don't know if that's self explanitory or not when in the editor....
                              MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Working...
                              X