Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin in another position

Hello,

I made a skin called ARTIST_INFO.skin. When a press the button for this skin (for example in AUDIO_PLAYER) the ARTIST_INFO is in the center of the AUDIO_PLAYER. How can I say, that the ARTIST_INFO should go to 300,240?

Thanks
    Ti-ejtsch

I'm assuming you ARE using the skin editor. If you want a popup effect, you should use the MENU command to load the skin, this will show it centered. It is possible to make the popup display at specific locations but it is a little more complex ..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Hi,

Yes I use the menu command. The Problem is my "popup" is in the center, but I wanna see it there:

x: 320
      y: 240

Thanks

Ti-ejtsch

Comment

The easiest way is to make a full size screen in which the EMPTY image is a BMP and has a pink area which will be "cut off" the screen. All other images of the same skin should have the same size.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Hi,

Thank you, guino, you allways try to help me but I tried your idea for 2 hours and it donīt work like I want. Nothing is "cutting" out.
          So I tried another way. Donīt know if this is the best way but itīs working. I made a copy of my audio_player skin und called it artist_info. The only thing I changed is, that the artist_info show me infos about the music instead of the playlist.
          Thatīs the way I made it and itīs working, what do you mean? Is it a problem to have 2 "audio_player skins" (audio_player and artist_info)?

Thanks
          Ti-ejtsch

Comment

TI-eJTSCH when you tried cutting out part of your skin, were you sure to use an _EMPTY Image?
            Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
            Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
            I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
            Please help.

Comment

That's probably the only way to keep the buttons working .. If you need help getting the other way to work, please post your .skin files and the images you made so we can look at them.

Originally posted by Ti-ejtsch
              Hi,
              Thank you, guino, you allways try to help me but I tried your idea for 2 hours and it donīt work like I want. Nothing is "cutting" out.
              So I tried another way. Donīt know if this is the best way but itīs working. I made a copy of my audio_player skin und called it artist_info. The only thing I changed is, that the artist_info show me infos about the music instead of the playlist.
              Thatīs the way I made it and itīs working, what do you mean? Is it a problem to have 2 "audio_player skins" (audio_player and artist_info)?
              Thanks
              Ti-ejtsch
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Hello,

now I have another Problem. Look at the pictures. How can I get the second picture (position of Choose_number)?

Thanks

Ti-ejtsch
                Attached Files

Comment

I assume your using a menu to show the second picture.. Its easy to get it to show where you want it.. just do the menu the same size as your skin, but then cut out the bits you dont need in it by setting its colour to FF00FF (pink) this will then allow you to do what you want..

I have attached a picture to show you what I mean.. the _empty.jpg (.gif) will need to be different to the _off.jpg.. can be the same picture but must have a different name for this to work.

hope this helps

CdR
                  Attached Files
                  Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Hello,

I made now two pictures (looks the same) like yours called _empty.jpg and _off.jpg, the position is correct but i can see the pink color. Something is going wrong.

Ti-ejtsch

Comment

in your .skin file the empty cant be the same picture as the other 3, make sure different.. if you still having probs I will take a look at it for u

cdr
                      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Hi,

please have a look. _off and _on looks the same. The first picture is the _empty.jpg.
                        The original pics are in the BMV2 Skin from guinos homepage.
                        Attached Files

Comment

hi.. they all need to be the same size and have the pink round them..

CdR
                          Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Now I made what you said -> all pics same size with pink round them. Now the position is right but the skin shows the pink color.

A shamed Ti-ejtsch

Comment

make sure you save the files as .bmp and not .jpegs I made this mistake a while ago. Jpeg will compress the image and the pink color ends up being not exactly pink, but close to pink.
                              01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                              01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                              mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Working...
                              X