this is my skin.
i designed this to be easy to navigate and to be clear and concise. i didn't design this to look OEM, or to look like an aftermarket stereo. if i wanted it to look OEM, id buy the OEM nav kit. if i wanted it to look like an aftermarket head unit, id buy an aftermarket head unit. it is also designed for 800x600 on a 7" lilli/xenarc... it will always be this way until i can get 800x480 native on my xenarc.
things to note:
1) you will probably require handelgotdlig and handelgotdbol fonts (payware) installed for it to look decent. you can fiddle around with the label positions etc tho to get it to work with your font of choice. regarding fonts, the volume label has a modified handelgotdlig font used where the percentage character has been removed from the .ttf file. you can make this mod yourself if you wish to do so.
2) for those of you in countries where screens in clear view of the driver are illegal - a la australia.. if you press the empty button in the bottom right of the screen it will bring up a blank black screen. kinda like those buttons in games which bring up a fake spreadsheet for when ur playing games at work. pressing anywhere on the blank screen will take you back to the last screen. also useful for long night trips.
3) pressing the gps button once takes you to the first map monkey gps screen. pressing the same button again will take you to a "full screen" gps screen. (bottom row of buttons still visible). press the gps button again to get back to smaller gps view. (this part is still under cnstruction - i dont have a gps unit yet so i havent tested it for functionality and usability). hence why also there are no gps stats anywhere in the skin.
4) ok, it's a bit unfinished, things to complete over the next couple of weeks include weather, windvd, picture viewer, cd support and anything else i can think of... i guess i just wanted to release it to get some proper feedback.
5) I will not be moving the play/pause/ff/rwd/volume buttons to the left hand side for LHD cars.
6) i will not be releasing the psd.
so thats about it...
please go easy on the downloading as i'm hosting this on my own dodgy web server. i'll host it remotely when i find somewhere/someone to host it for me reliably and free.
complaints , praise , whatevers can be left here
thanks to all the great skinners and skins available for rr, who/which gave me much inspiration and help.
finally thanks to guino for an excellent app, and for making it so easy to skin!