• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tja's skin release

version 0.1
    27/12/2005

download here

this is my skin.

i designed this to be easy to navigate and to be clear and concise. i didn't design this to look OEM, or to look like an aftermarket stereo. if i wanted it to look OEM, id buy the OEM nav kit. if i wanted it to look like an aftermarket head unit, id buy an aftermarket head unit. it is also designed for 800x600 on a 7" lilli/xenarc... it will always be this way until i can get 800x480 native on my xenarc.

things to note:

1) you will probably require handelgotdlig and handelgotdbol fonts (payware) installed for it to look decent. you can fiddle around with the label positions etc tho to get it to work with your font of choice. regarding fonts, the volume label has a modified handelgotdlig font used where the percentage character has been removed from the .ttf file. you can make this mod yourself if you wish to do so.

2) for those of you in countries where screens in clear view of the driver are illegal - a la australia.. if you press the empty button in the bottom right of the screen it will bring up a blank black screen. kinda like those buttons in games which bring up a fake spreadsheet for when ur playing games at work. pressing anywhere on the blank screen will take you back to the last screen. also useful for long night trips.

3) pressing the gps button once takes you to the first map monkey gps screen. pressing the same button again will take you to a "full screen" gps screen. (bottom row of buttons still visible). press the gps button again to get back to smaller gps view. (this part is still under cnstruction - i dont have a gps unit yet so i havent tested it for functionality and usability). hence why also there are no gps stats anywhere in the skin.

4) ok, it's a bit unfinished, things to complete over the next couple of weeks include weather, windvd, picture viewer, cd support and anything else i can think of... i guess i just wanted to release it to get some proper feedback.

5) I will not be moving the play/pause/ff/rwd/volume buttons to the left hand side for LHD cars.

6) i will not be releasing the psd.

so thats about it...

please go easy on the downloading as i'm hosting this on my own dodgy web server. i'll host it remotely when i find somewhere/someone to host it for me reliably and free.

download here

complaints , praise , whatevers can be left here

thanks to all the great skinners and skins available for rr, who/which gave me much inspiration and help.

finally thanks to guino for an excellent app, and for making it so easy to skin!

2005 Nissan Xtrail
    DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

worklog

5) I will not be moving the play/pause/ff/rwd/volume buttons to the left hand side for LHD cars.

so thats about it...

Than u don't need to publish this skin. If u won't let others customize it than keep the s..t!!!
    2+2=Quattro

Audi S6 2.2 Turbo

RNS-E Headunit
    Helix HX400=AXTON Amp
    Audi Doorspeakers and 15" JBL in Sparewheel Hole
    19" Alutec Alloys, ABT-Silencer, FK-Suspension

Comment

Originally posted by dbassix

so thats about it...

Than u don't need to publish this skin. If u won't let others customize it than keep the s..t!!!
      i agree but lighten up a bit
      mp3car is about community we all help each other and make each others hobby better. i know you spent alot of time on your skin and dont want to be bothered changing it later but if thats the case why make a post about it
      i think a better idea would be to either erase the post you made and forget about sharing or agree to support it or release the psds.

myself pesonally ive invested well over many many many hours coding a vehicle maintenence program in flash. when im dont im going to support it OR if it gets too bothersome i will rls the source file

anyone can photoshop themselves up a skin but it takes a real man to rls thier work to the community. if you dont believe me ask guino because without him your wouldnt have a skin

-Lost
      .______
      | '_ |__\___
      [(o)|___(o)] XB
      ._________
      | I__I I_I|_\__I
      [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

so thats about it...

i said complaints, not abuse.
        the skin isnt even finished yet if u read the post properly.
        but just to make you happy....

unreleased.
        2005 Nissan Xtrail
        DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

worklog

Comment

what the hell is going on here?

@tja: i can help you on embedding/testing gps, or skinning/debugging, just let me know. i really love the design you made, dont let it die just cause of little-open-source-horny-guys.

PS: i tried to download last night, had nearly 60 % finished then it was removed!
          thanxs dbassix!

Comment

Originally posted by tja
            ... i guess i just wanted to release it to get some proper feedback.
            From what I can see this skin looks promising to me. Please reconsider your decision. I would like to try it.

Comment

gee post a skin and let no one use it...wow
              The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
              CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
              PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
              Memory:1G
              Drives:160gig
              WI-FI:Cingular
              GPS:IG2k9
              Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
              The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

Simple and great design...Keep up with the good work
                Genesis Skin
                Bongo Skin

Comment

even if he dosent want to release the psd's, thats his right. People shouldnt flame him cuz he wants to keep his source work. If people dont agree with that, they should open PS and make there own skin. There are plenty of skins around that dont have PSDs released (mine being one of them), although i do heavily support it, no one has to do that either if they dont want to. He posted the skin to let others use what he made for himself, it may not be exactly what someone else wants, but hey, tough, use another skin. But dont flame the guy!

geez, this **** is FREE!
                  01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                  01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                  mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

i just want to clarify where im comming from
                    i by no means am an little-open-source-horny-guy
                    i laughed at that actually pretty funny
                    but its pretty much my overall feeling that skins themselves should be either
                    1. open source - (psds or similar)
                    2. universal - no major changes but open to suggestions

that being said i can see how it very possible that tja was just saying that he did not feel like moving the buttons on the psd from one side to the other.
                    personally if i made the skin and someone asked to move the buttons it would not be my 1st priority but i would still do it for those who wanted it.
                    i completely understand the work involved not only skinning but with the .skin files as well and infact i would probably offer the jpg files only of the reversed view

it is a very clean looking nice skin and is quite nice looking. i think overall i may have taken it personally not so much for saying that you would not move the buttons but that you would not move the button for LHD cars. to my knowledge that accounts for mostly the usa.

im pretty sure thats not what you meant so have a happy new year

-Lost
                    .______
                    | '_ |__\___
                    [(o)|___(o)] XB
                    ._________
                    | I__I I_I|_\__I
                    [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

WTF speak for yourself or STFU man. I for one would like to try this skin even though it's not customizable., but thanks to you there is no dl now...

Tja, any chance you re-release this skin and let some people who do like it test it for a bit?

Comment

hey lost, my comments wernt really directed at you, i agree also with your points 1 and 2 and even with dbassix, but if someone dosent want to, hey so be it. live and let live, but dbassix comments were not called for.
                        weather or not LHD=screw the USA, i dont know, im sure it wasnt ment that way.
                        01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                        01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                        mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

download link is up again.

2005 Nissan Xtrail

worklog

Comment

@meelobee

2+2=Quattro

Audi S6 2.2 Turbo

RNS-E Headunit
                            Helix HX400=AXTON Amp
                            Audi Doorspeakers and 15" JBL in Sparewheel Hole
                            19" Alutec Alloys, ABT-Silencer, FK-Suspension

Comment

tja, very nice skin.

am i right there are three diff fonts used?
                              i could only find two of them so i changed the volume percentage, its a bit bigger now, but ok...

i must say i have some problems finding/reading buttons...maybe you can enhance the fonts and icons a bit...

Winamp AVS doenst embed for me i hit the button nothing happens, i hit it again ,AVS window pops up shortly and disappears..

color and design works really good in daylight, in night its blending me hardly..
                              Night skin planned?

Comment

Working...
                              X