ripping my hair out over error!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ripping my hair out over error!

guys I've searched for this to death and I'm about to beat my head on the keyboard till I pass out.. I've made and re-made this skin over and over and over again. It works fine until I am done with it.

heres what I'm doing.

its a very simple skin only a few pages, main menu, audio browser, player, web browser and external GPS. theres a day version and a night version, theres an exit menu.

it works fine until I do ANYTHING to the .skin files, back them up, copy them to another folder (the night skin is the same but idfferent colors to eb easier on the eyes) look at them too hard.. any time after that when I launch road runner to test I get:

error: 6, overflow

nothing shows up on the search for this, I'm about to throw this thing out the window! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! someone please help!

any help is much appreciated, and thanks in advance.
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT, carputer in progress
    Current status: Phase 1 Complete: working in car with no bugs, Phase II started, screen out of dash, making working mockup for beta testing

yea.. if there were a smiley for embarassed....

its caused by a corrupted general.ini for the record.. I can't imagine I'm the only one having this.. for some reason whenever I made mods to the .skin files the general.ini would be replaced by a blank one and I have to re-overwrite that with a complete one before it works. weird huh? either way thats what was going on.
    Current status: Phase 1 Complete: working in car with no bugs, Phase II started, screen out of dash, making working mockup for beta testing

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFox1
      yea.. if there were a smiley for embarassed....
      Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

that is weird, never had that error. what version of rrskineditor are you using, maybe need to get the latest or earlier version.
        01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
        01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
        mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

it says 0.3, wow, sounds beta heh, I'll check for an update in a few

Comment

open RRConfig, verify/change your default skin setting, try again -- make sure you hit SAVE so it deletes resume.ini .. this is most likely an issue with your current skin.. something like a . (dot) instead of a comma could easily do that.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
            X