Compass:could this be done!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compass:could this be done!!

For e.g . can i use IG and RR or FD and make this button read real direction.
    please advice me
    thanks
    Attached Files
    HOnda Accord '94

You can do this in FreeDrive and Flash, unsure about the others :-)

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

You can steal the data from IG's memory, I have that as an option in GPSSecure.
      AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
      Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
      Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
      -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

really so that compass will acually spin
        How can i do that??!! any guide or hints please
        HOnda Accord '94

Comment

in flash ( i use swishmax ) you can set item._rotation = 180 etc.. this would rotate the item upside down. RR can output your gps heading, so you would just use this as the rotation variable :-) When I get some free time I will knock a example together.. but I have a few bugs to hunt on FD and my xeon skin to finish first :-)

CdR
          Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

I did something similar with XPort3 and Compass. All you need is a com port splitter. In the image there are only 0's because no GPS signal in the office, but works great in the car.
            Attached Files

Comment

if you don't care about it actually "spinning" in a fluid manner you can do this very easily using RR's built in heading label/images, but you'll only get 8 different positions. See liquid_smoke's LSX skin for an example of using images to display current heading.
              1998 BMW M3
              Mods: Staggered SSR Competition wheels : M Roadster Short Shifter : JTD Aluminum Underpanel : Koni Adjustable SAs : Eibach Pro-kit springs : European clear corners and side markers : Hardwired V1 automatic door and radar detector

Comment

So from the your post... is one to understand that RR has built in functionality for reading IG's memory for displaying head.. speed.. etc ?!??!
                Current Setup

Nexus 7 Tablet
                Built in head unit
                Brutus 1500Watt Amp
                Two Boston 12" subs

2006 Infiniti M45 Sport ;) My 4 door Camaro... lol

Comment

Originally posted by NRGZ28
                  So from the your post... is one to understand that RR has built in functionality for reading IG's memory for displaying head.. speed.. etc ?!??!
                  No, RR has built in support for reading NMEA GPS data.. so if you use a port splitter like XPort, you can use the GPS for both iG and for RR ...
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Wow! That's tight! I'll be sure to implement that in my skin today! lol
                    Does that mean I have to change the GPS settings in RRConfig ?
                    Current Setup

Nexus 7 Tablet
                    Built in head unit
                    Brutus 1500Watt Amp
                    Two Boston 12" subs

2006 Infiniti M45 Sport ;) My 4 door Camaro... lol

Comment

Here's an example to try out

Make sure to add a GPSHDG "label" to your menu.skin
                      Attached Files
                      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                      X