How does RR read album art

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does RR read album art

All of my Mp3s have album art in the ID3 tag... does RR read the art from this tag? If not, can I get the art from the tag somehow... I know this may be a stupid question, but I cant seem to find the answer. I get no art when playing mp3s.
    Thanks
    Joel
    Thanks,
    Joel M

Don't think the current version supports album art within the ID3 tag. What you can do is to use a ID3 tag editor which allows displaying of album art embedded in the tag. Tag&Rename v3.2 allows that. Save the art as a JPG file and place it in the folder for RR to display

Comment

ID3 tag Album art support

I have Zortam MP3 Media Studio.... I will see if it will let me export jpg. What kind of file naming does RR need then to match the song?

Joel

Originally posted by RS200Z
      Don't think the current version supports album art within the ID3 tag. What you can do is to use a ID3 tag editor which allows displaying of album art embedded in the tag. Tag&Rename v3.2 allows that. Save the art as a JPG file and place it in the folder for RR to display
      Thanks,
      Joel M

Comment

any .jpg file
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
          any .jpg file
          so does eah song have to have its own directory or does the jpg name have to be the same as the mp3 name?
          Thanks
          Joel
          Thanks,
          Joel M

Comment

it looks in each album directory then alphabetically inserts the first jpeg i believe. i name all my cd covers a now and it always displays them

Comment

the jpg just has to be in the same folder as the music. doesnt matter what you name it
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

99% of my music is in WMA format. I can't find any program that removes the id3 tag jpg and saves it!! Grrr Anyone else have this problem? Or found a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by wilsonj
                  99% of my music is in WMA format. I can't find any program that removes the id3 tag jpg and saves it!! Grrr Anyone else have this problem? Or found a solution?

you could convert them all to mp3
                  http://www.wma-mp3-converter.net/
                  Thanks,
                  Joel M

Comment

Yeah I could but wma is better quality at the same size. Thats why I did it that way! 8-(

I'll just have to live without album art for now. Hopefully one day this will change!?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
                      the jpg just has to be in the same folder as the music. doesnt matter what you name it
                      unless you have a back cover and inside cover too in which case it looks it up alphabetically

Comment

I am in the same boat. This has been requested of Guino. He mentioned that he was working on it at one point of time. No word though, He seems to think that browsing by albumn art will take ages. I never browse by albumn art thoiugh, I think it is useless, Besides it always hanges and crashes or does somethign unexpected. I would just like it to display the album art for the currently playing song from the ID3 tag. How hard can this be?
                        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

maybe i'm overlooking something, but where do I need to set the path for art browsing ? Is it in some skin ini file ? Because with LSX it starts in c:\ and in CLX it starts in d:\, but my music is on my f:\ drive.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfChick22
                            it looks in each album directory then alphabetically inserts the first jpeg i believe. i name all my cd covers a now and it always displays them
                            @Guino - Is there any way to specify what .jpg to look for first and if it does not find it open the first jpg ? Not sure but I think the standard image name is folder.jpg ?

This may be a cool app for you to link too from your home page and thats the standard it and others seem to follow... its just folder.jpg may not be alpabetically the first image if you say have back.jpg....

Terran
                            My Project Site

Comment

Working...
                            X