Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Skin - KPJ Basic Grey

Well guys,

Time to bite the bullet and put up for critique my first skin.

Download link - 8th May 2006

Screens completed so far

Main Menu:
    Menu2:
    Audio Player:
    Audio Browser:
    Web Browser:
    GPS: - Using Infomap Navigator
    Skins:
    DVD:
    Mixer:
    Day/Night - Gamma:

I aim to complete the following screens:
    Digital TV:
    D-Link Radio:
    Stats (CPU, Temp, Mem etc)
    Games:
    Apps:

I have made the skin using paintdotnet for the layers and zPaint for the buttons. These files will be made available on request. I have looked at GIMP and their is so much function available, I didn't know where to start, so I used Paintdotnet instead !
    Attached Files
    M1000, 512MB, 512MB CF, 6GB Disk (4200rpm),
    DVD/RW, Dynamix 8" screen, M2-ATX, Custom case,Too many hours building and rebuilding and rebuild.......

More screens

And here are more screenshots.

The Top right section of the screens will toggle the visualisation. I have designed the screens to go back to the home screen with a large visualisation when you exit each screen, and taking Liquid_Smokes tip, the majority of buttons use labels, so can be changed easily. The one that doesn't is the windows logo which is a menu button, mainly used to navigate forward and backward.

Constructive comments are welcome. The buttons are deliberately "large" to be usable on an 8" screen whilst driving.
    Attached Files
    DVD/RW, Dynamix 8" screen, M2-ATX, Custom case,Too many hours building and rebuilding and rebuild.......

Comment

Looks good , I'm interested in how you embedded navigator. Are you going to release this skin soon ?

Comment

Hello Clarkie,

Starting Navigator can be a bit hit and miss. If you start Navigator first, before RR, when you start RR, the Navigator screen works fine. The alternative is to fire up RR, and then select GPS. Navigator takes ages to load, and will quite often come up with a blank grey screen. If you press the FS button at the top once the grey screen has come up, this will put focus on the correct window. I am putting up the link to the files this morning, if you want to download and try them out.

I like the Visualisation running in the car, so when you exit the screens you come back to the first screen with the vis embedded. Their is a hidden button around the top right area of the screen containing the song and cpu details, which toggles the Viz. Let me know how you get on. I like the size of the buttons for use in the car, but the contrast could be better. I am looking at changing the skin to a Black Vinyl effect instead.

Cheers
        KPJUK

Comment

No interest huh !

My Thoughts then !

In daylight, the skin needs more contrast. I have decided to keep the screen designs, but change the skin to black Vinyl buttons on an Aluminium background. I will release this in the next few days.

cheers
          KPJUK

Comment

I think Black on Aluminium would look better too. Nice EQ btw... hehe
            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Ahem. . . . . . .

Woud have to agree with you !

Thanks for the response.

cheers
              KPJUK

Comment

Working...
              X