Adding an IMG to a button

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding an IMG to a button

Hi guys, I want to remove the logo on the Black Vinyl on Aluminm skin, to make it more customisable, for others to add any Menu image they want. I have used the IMG tag, and the image appears where it should, but when I move the mouse over the button, the image disappears, and doesn't come back.

So I tried to add the IMG to every layer, including the OUT layer, and the same thing happens! Is this a bug, or am I doing something crazy ?

/, IMG, x, y, w, h, File Name, Option;IMGLAYER
    IMG01,700,530,90,60,"Menu.jpg","Out"
    IMG02,700,530,90,60,"Menu.jpg","Empty"
    IMG03,700,530,90,60,"Menu.jpg","Off"
    IMG04,700,530,90,60,"Menu.jpg","On"
    IMG05,700,530,90,60,"Menu.jpg","Down"

KPJUK
    M1000, 512MB, 512MB CF, 6GB Disk (4200rpm),
    DVD/RW, Dynamix 8" screen, M2-ATX, Custom case,Too many hours building and rebuilding and rebuild.......

LOL i just realized you are a skin maker and the creator of the "Black Vinyl on Aluminm skin", so my advice was stupid.

Comment

Try taking out the quotes on Out, On, Off, etc. like this.

Code:
      IMG01,700,530,90,60,"Menu.jpg",OUT
      IMG03,700,530,90,60,"Menu.jpg",OFF
      IMG04,700,530,90,60,"Menu.jpg",ON
      IMG05,700,530,90,60,"Menu.jpg",DOWN
      iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
      CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Nice one B8bboi, the editor takes the quotes off the filename, but puts them on the layer name !

I spotted the quotes were missing on the Filename and added them. This is a little inconsistent with all the other commands which generally have quotes around all parameters !

Its working now so thanks m8.

KPJUK
        DVD/RW, Dynamix 8" screen, M2-ATX, Custom case,Too many hours building and rebuilding and rebuild.......

Comment

bring back an old thread..

im now tying to put a IMG ontop of a button.. i gather this is what u did here and you seemed to have gotton in

this is what i have
          IMG,9,115,64,64,"icons\media.gif",OUT

it wont show ontop of the button but if i more the box away from the button will show??
          View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

Hi djmickeyg,

You can output the image to 5 layers, OUT, EMPTY, OFF, ON, and DOWN. Try each (or all of these) and see if any work.

The only other suggestion is to confirm that the image is being found, but you seem to suggest that it works if it's not over a button ?

I had a problem adding an image to the Video Player skin. The skin is only about 100 pixels high, and I was adding the image at around 550 pixels down, so it was off the screen. (feeling like a plonker again just thinking about it !), just somethign else to check.

Good Luck
            KPJUK

Comment

thanks

ill play around a little more..
              i have tried al the options cus u said that in the first post
              but maybe im doing something wrong
              View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

IMG Button assistance.... (stuck!!!) ?

Guys - I think I tried every combo here and simply can't nail this one. I've tried every combo of this and can get the images to show hit and miss - but when a button is placed on the image, it blanks it out.

At this point I am really just guessing but Really Need this Or some option like this.

Any help would be very sincerely appreciated!!! I have some areas where I just need this vs restructuring the entire skin image if possible. Would also be nice if the skin editor showed these but I can live without that for now.

Any help - much thanks...

Comment

Buttons don't overwrite/overlap/overdraw any images you load into the skin. They merely display the On/Off/Down layers that you loaded (including via IMG definitions). If something is getting drawn over, you need to load the image into the appropriate layers so it won't disappear -- i.e. for images over buttons, you'll need to load the ON/OFF/DOWN and OUT layers if you wish to update it immediately and make sure it displays the same image when redrawing the different button states.. If it still doesn't work, post the definitions you used.
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Hi kolemieux,

here is an extract from my skin which I use to place an image on a button. I use the same image for all layers, this is a menu buttom at the bottom left of the screen.

IMG01,698,527,90,60,"Menu.gif",Out
                    IMG02,698,527,90,60,"Menu.gif",Empty
                    IMG03,698,527,90,60,"Menu.gif",Off
                    IMG04,698,527,90,60,"Menu.gif",On
                    IMG05,698,527,90,60,"Menu.gif",Down

Using this technique allows your skins to be customised by anyone, so it is very user friendly

cheers
                    KPJUK

Comment

I should probably add a ",All" since it seems like it is used a lot for all layers.
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Hi Guino,

that would be good. I am developing another skin, and want to use switchbutton to change the image on 7 other buttons, when one button is pressed, so an "all" option would save a lot of effort. I would be very interested in that option.

cheers
                        KPJUK

Comment

Guino - yes, actually I used this on a test skin and tried every single layer but will try this example as well. No doubt that would assist the skinning process. I had hoped for an UP - DOWN and then the button on top to add dimension and functionality. However - when I went and layered the button on top - it simply created a black whole if partially covered, or blanked if full.

Let me try again per the great example here on a fresh slate and try. The other issue is the skin editor does not seem to display these so you run blind a little, "a topic for another day ".

Thanks guys for the assist - let me give this a shot again. I spent a solid hour plus with 2 basic images (an up and a down) and simply could not find the recipe to get it working.

I will update - THANKS!!!

Originally posted by guino View Post
                          I should probably add a ",All" since it seems like it is used a lot for all layers.

Comment

Kpjuk,

Thanks again for the assist --- could you tell me what skin and or a page I could view this as an example in...? Also - since you had to use only 1 image hame does this mean you could not grab an up/down feel of sorts even though the image was on multiple layers?

Thanks for the assist!!!

Originally posted by kpjuk View Post
                            Hi kolemieux,

here is an extract from my skin which I use to place an image on a button. I use the same image for all layers, this is a menu buttom at the bottom left of the screen.

IMG01,698,527,90,60,"Menu.gif",Out
                            IMG02,698,527,90,60,"Menu.gif",Empty
                            IMG03,698,527,90,60,"Menu.gif",Off
                            IMG04,698,527,90,60,"Menu.gif",On
                            IMG05,698,527,90,60,"Menu.gif",Down

Using this technique allows your skins to be customised by anyone, so it is very user friendly

cheers
                            KPJUK

Comment

No luck - unless I am missing a step....

I have the images but maybe I am unclear when you place them with a button on top or under. In my case the button simply blacks out the image. I can test this by moving it around and see that is what is happening.

Maybe I just dont understand a step - but wanted to report back.

Thx guys...

Comment

Working...
                              X