Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online DVD Library with ISO's..(progress).. Advice/Ideas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online DVD Library with ISO's..(progress).. Advice/Ideas?

Ok,

Thanks to Enforcer and a few others I've moved this to another thread, but started off with a challenge in using Daemon syntax to mount ONLINE ISO's which I create from DVD's with DVDshrink and other great apps.... The thread was:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...589#post899589

Since Enforcer made the "comma" comment I took a shot at how to workaround, and found Alcohol 120 does not need a "comma" to do a commandline mount, so gave it a shot, it worked, and at least can get me in process although I prefer DaemonTools if the comma is fixed.

What I'd love to be able to do is:
    =========================
    1 - Have a LIBRARY of ONLINE ISO's / FOLDER.JPG \DVD\TheFirm\.iso, .jpg
    2 - Select the ISO which is essentially a DVD
    3 - It is MOUNTED
    4 - MPC picks it up and begins playing just like a DVD with integrated controls and progress in RR

There are threads floating around with mplayer not mpc, but very impressed that app plays ISO's native with no mount needed. I burned a solid day+ to try and EMBED as and app but it seems to have DX challenges to not burning more action on that.....

I will admit - some of this process is new to me specifically where I am trying to setup the LIST AS THUMBS, CLICK, then have the button controls to handle the MOUNT - PLAY. But I am close.

For the record this is rather easy when I tested as static with ALCOHOL 120. I installed it, and for simplicity tossed the AxCmd.exe over in my c:\ root just for simplicity. So the MOUNT BUTTON or command would look like this....

"RUN;c:\axcmd.exe|G: /m:"c:\pirates.iso""

So - ultimately "being very honest" I am learning this every day and pick away at it with the killer Forum and Help. The next pieces will be the folder structure to inject the var% for PIRATES.ISO and also display and play accordingly.

Any help AS ALWAYS is ever so much appreciated. I think this will be a very nice to have for everyone. Two things that would make this much simpler would be 1 - mplayer support since it loads ISO native like any other video file and is sick fast, 2 - daemon vs Alochol 120 due to the $$ and same thing (think the comma is the only issue there).

Thanks to all...

why do u want your ISO stored online and not local?
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

I watch my DVD Shrink ISOs with RR all the time using the built-in mplayer.

Just gotta make sure you update your "Video File Types" field in RRConfig to include ".iso,.ISO," etc... Even works with the latest encryption on newer DVDs riped with AnyDVD.

As for the "Album Art" just organize your images into separate folders with the .jpg graphic in each folder. You can even do a scrolling synopsis (rottentomatoes.com is a good source) if you paste it into a .txt file in each directory.

There is no mounting need for this to work either and the player controls work as they do on any other video format. If you have an ISO split into pieces, just put them into the same directory and RR should treat them as parts (considering they're name accordingly).

cheers
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yea - bad wording. Some apps call it online vs offline meaning a local ISO/IMAGE vs PHYSICAL DISK. Same concept though...

Originally posted by liquid_smoke View Post
        why do u want your ISO stored online and not local?

Comment

Dynasty - dude .... Tell me you are kidding. Let me try this and have a ton of times but AWESOME if this works and look how much time and pain this will have saved me.

Thanks for taking the time to respond - much appreciated!!!!!!!

Originally posted by DiNASTY View Post

Just gotta make sure you update your "Video File Types" field in RRConfig to include ".iso,.ISO," etc... Even works with the latest encryption on newer DVDs riped with AnyDVD.

As for the "Album Art" just organize your images into separate folders with the .jpg graphic in each folder. You can even do a scrolling synopsis (rottentomatoes.com is a good source) if you paste it into a .txt file in each directory.

There is no mounting need for this to work either and the player controls work as they do on any other video format. If you have an ISO split into pieces, just put them into the same directory and RR should treat them as parts (considering they're name accordingly).

cheers

Comment

It's always the simplest things that get our type confused!!

I have been known to open my PC and test the PSU because it wouldn't start only to find out that the power strip's switch had been flipped off! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Ok - this is not working so (odd) ....? MPC clearly plays the DVD when mounted with alcohol and or daemon so would rule out a CODEC issue. I tried from within RR, and tried with MPC outside of RR via open and drag/drop. It's a DVD ripped as an ISO with Shrink just like you mentioned.

You've got me way jaz'd so any hints would be awesome - and not to put the cart before the horse on the synopsis I want to skin that as well or absorb an idea you have - is there a SkinTag for that which RR will pickup, and any formatting?

Playing is clearly first as this is MAAAJOR FOR ME!!! What version of MPC are you using, any other thoughts?

Thanks again

cheers

Comment

may i suggest though... if you plan on doing this for in-car use, you might want to think about converting to divx or xvid to save space. IMO, there's not much of a difference between a 600mb xivd and a 5GB ISO on a lilliput running at a 800x600 resolution.

BIG difference for home use though

Comment

You could get rif of your huge 5Gb ISO's and make a 700Mb xvid or something. No mounting required! Who actually watches the special features?
                  15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

may i suggest though... if you plan on doing this for in-car use, you might want to think about converting to divx or xvid to save space. IMO, there's not much of a difference between a 600mb xivd and a 5GB ISO on a lilliput running at a 800x600 resolution.

BIG difference for home use though
                    You beat me to it! Great minds think alike!

Comment

I'm not exactly sure what version it is... I just had a look see and because it's built-in there is no docs on it. Do you have "use built in player" checked in RRconfig?

Your right about the synopsis stuff, there are few skins that actually use it. I believe it was a feature adopted from the late great MediaCar (if you take a look at the skin it should be in there)

Here is the docs from the skincommand.txt:

Code:
                      /, (R) Album TEXT art*
                      /,  x   y   w   h   r   g   b   pt font
                      /,  --- --- --- --- --- --- --- -- ----
                      RXX,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX,XX,"Arial:B"

The above tag defines where the TEXT art of the Album/Movie/Application will be displayed in the screen.

Comment

That is not the issue - I have the space, and am minimizing the need to XVID anything or MP4, DIVX, whatever --- this is the exception of the collection and when you use DVD Shrink I get a great DVD in 2GB usually and never pull all the crap with it. So this is not a depate of formats - trust me if I wanted to blow the time to encode I would - I agree with everyone on that. There are some I'd just prefer leave as ISO's. So here is the skinny.

You rent/buy a DVD - store as ISO for in house which is the initial RIP. I then don't want to have to encode again for car - but do with some stuff coming off of about 2TB of HTPC iron. It's simply a convenience factor.

Heck - for the reality you can walk into blockbuster, use the CarPC to DVDshrink to ISO in the car, and return your movie minus the late charge. Then drop on HTPC system when you get home ;-)

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                        You beat me to it! Great minds think alike!

Comment

Dinasty - very odd this would not work for me, and assume although built-in it is still using the MPC engine for that playback. Now I will never sleep until I figure this out especially if you have it working ;-)

I am using the latest bits - internal player - select ISO and simply does nothing. I get the same behavior with the standalone MPC client and heve everything checked there. Any help would be killer and the simple fact you verified this should work would be awesome.

Can you try to drop an ISO into the MPC app in your RR dir and see if it starts cranking that way? If so I will then compare MPC rev's....

Much thanks for the synopsis piece!!!!!!

I'm not exactly sure what version it is... I just had a look see and because it's built-in there is no docs on it. Do you have "use built in player" checked in RRconfig?

Your right about the synopsis stuff, there are few skins that actually use it. I believe it was a feature adopted from the late great MediaCar (if you take a look at the skin it should be in there)

Code:
                          /, (R) Album TEXT art*

The above tag defines where the TEXT art of the Album/Movie/Application will be displayed in the screen.

Comment

Dinasty:

Ok - for verification and purification I am running:

1 - Super clean setup of RR, BMV skin (everything else backup'd)
                            2 - MPC latest which I think was 6.4.9 the older did not work either
                            3 - Use built-in player selected, and a path to some ISO's
                            4 - NO-GO when loading those ISO's as video files
                            5 - If mounted - they play with DVD player...

Trust me - I am open to any guidance please --- especially if you have this working it should be easy for me to fix and we know it ain't a codec issue which helps more ....

Code:
                            /, (R) Album TEXT art*

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                              X