Skin Code for XM artist info only?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin Code for XM artist info only?

I have searched high and low and I can't find the command to just list the artist name in a lable in an XM skin. Is there a way to use TRACKNAME for this? What I am trying to do is have one lable list the artist and another for just the song title. This is probably a stupid question but I am just starting skinning and maybe I overlooked it. Thanks in advance.

you could use TAGARTIST........
    Skins:
    /showthread.php?t=83814 (R.I.P.)
    /104373-golf-skin.html (R.I.P.)
    /106214-metal-spin-release.html(RIP)
    using own vw gypsy clone
    On 2nd PC: 1st one died.

Comment

I was under the impression that TAGARTIST would only show the artist name on MP3 files as it reads from the ID3 tags. Maybe I am wrong. I could swear I had read about a command line after the TRACKNAME code like "%ARTIST%" or something, but I can't find it again. Until I can get out to the car and test it I am screwed I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyAP1 View Post
        Until I can get out to the car and test it I am screwed I guess.
        Sorry, that is something you have to do yourself, and we can not help you with. So I guess you are screwed.
        Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

you dont use 100% mp3 files with id3? why?
          Skins:
          /showthread.php?t=83814 (R.I.P.)
          /104373-golf-skin.html (R.I.P.)
          /106214-metal-spin-release.html(RIP)
          using own vw gypsy clone
          On 2nd PC: 1st one died.

Comment

Originally posted by frangolfgt View Post
            you dont use 100% mp3 files with id3? why?

He is not asking for mp3s.. he is asking for an XM radio label for the artist of the current song playing on the current station...

This is from the skins commands txt file:

"TRACKNAME" - Current song's Title. When XM/SIRIUS is on, This is the song name.
            "TRACKNUMBER" - Current song's PLAYLIST number. When XM/SIRIUS is ON, This is the station number.

So DeadlyAP1, I'd agree with your assumption that it should work.. other then that.. I'm not too sure :/
            2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1
            Specs: Epia M2-1000, 512mb ram, SB Audigy NX, Lilliput 7" Touchscreen, M2-ATX, DVD, 160gb HDD, gps, obdII, wifi, bluetooth, XM radio, HQCT and Logitech wireless gamepad.
            Install Status: DONE

My XM FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWPB View Post
              Sorry, that is something you have to do yourself, and we can not help you with. So I guess you are screwed.
              I didn't ask for anyones help in going out to my car to test the code. Do you always make ignorant replies like that or only when you don't know what to say?

Originally posted by pyros View Post
              He is not asking for mp3s.. he is asking for an XM radio label for the artist of the current song playing on the current station...

This is from the skins commands txt file:

"TRACKNAME" - Current song's Title. When XM/SIRIUS is on, This is the song name.
              "TRACKNUMBER" - Current song's PLAYLIST number. When XM/SIRIUS is ON, This is the station number.

So DeadlyAP1, I'd agree with your assumption that it should work.. other then that.. I'm not too sure :/
              I am now thinking that somehow RR combines the Artist and title together under the TRACKNAME command. Hopefuly someone knows a way to separate the two.

Comment

UPDATE.. after testing it out, it appears that "TAGARTIST" will infact show only the artist name (GREAT!). Now, "TRACKNAME" does in fact combine artist and title information on the same line. I am hoping that "TAGTITLE" will display only the title info. And I thought that the TAGxxx commands were only for MP3s....

Comment

Working...
                X