Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Started working on my first skin... what do you guys think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started working on my first skin... what do you guys think?

Hey, ive been putting together my first carputer and my mobo broke so while im waiting for a replacement i started working on a skin. This is what i have so far for the main page. What do you guys think? PLEASE feel free to criticize.

for starters it needs more contrast on the buttons and labels at the bottom so u can read it in daylight.

secondly a font which is easily readable would be nice too...

thirdly, the bevel tool in photoshop is reallllly gay.
    2005 Nissan Xtrail
    DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

worklog

Comment

Originally posted by tja View Post
      for starters it needs more contrast on the buttons and labels at the bottom so u can read it in daylight.

secondly a font which is easily readable would be nice too...

thirdly, the bevel tool in photoshop is reallllly gay.
      Fourthly, some one who has experience skinning to critique.
      New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
      New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
      "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

what is your point thunderstick?
        2005 Nissan Xtrail
        DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

worklog

Comment

I think he trying to say you must have skinning experience to critique.

He must not know that you have a few (very nice) skins posted... or he is joking with you.

Hey what's wrong with beveling? I think it's pretty handy if used correctly. i.e. not just default inner bevels on everything.
          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Comment

I like the "graffiti" type font. Looks pretty cool but I would agree that the contrast will pose a problem. Especially in the daylight. But maybe I don't have room to say anything since I've never designed a skin.

Comment

I must tell you, I did a couple of skins, they all look good on the computer but not good at all in the car. In the car car you need alot of contrast beeing day or night. Yours wil not do it in the car....Contrast!
              Constructive Critisisum.

Comment

Working...
              X