Shotgun RR Skin: Need help skinning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotgun RR Skin: Need help skinning

I started designing Shotgun last October but I'm afraid I won't be able to put more time into actually making it a working RR skin anytime soon. So if anyone's interested in continuing this skin, which is for now just a PSD file actually, please contact me via email.

By the way, any thoughts on the design? The album art's reflection effect will probably involve an external app to be hacked into Road Runner so I guess it will be a little hard to achieve, but I think its doable nonetheless.

carpc blog

It looks awesome mate.
    P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

if you have any questions on the skinning portion, you can just ask me and I'll be glad to answer (though there's plenty of people here that prob know about skinning than I do), the art reflection can be done in flash too.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I'm aiming towards a non-flash based skin since I'm using a MII 10000 and flash skins run too slow for me in my setup.

I'd rather have someone else who has more experience in skinning to go at making my design into a working skin since if I do it myself, it will take too long as I swamped with school work at the moment.
        carpc blog

Comment

I wouldn't mine seeing more of this, looks simple and cool

Comment

Yeah, it looks good so far. I'd be interested to see it finished.
            ~ Joel

Comment

i would really suggest you rethink not using flash for the album art reflection. It can be easily done (i've done it in fact) and its so simple programatically that it wont slow your computer down any. I use mine on a 1gz pc and there's no lag at all.
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I don't think a simple album art effect will slow anything down... Its usually the playlist and filelist that are at fault. Embedding an exe would definitely be slower.

Anyways, It looks really really good!!
                Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy Benjamin Franklin

Comment

How did he get the song name and artist like that.

Comment

they're just rr labels. whats different about them?

Comment

Originally posted by tn6478 View Post
                      How did he get the song name and artist like that.
                      I was wondering this too. On the playlist itself... how do you get the artist and title on separate lines?
                      ~ Joel

Comment

this is a mock up design not a working rr skin.

Comment

i see i like it how the artist is on the bottom like sd and the title is on top. rr has it all on one line.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                            this is a mock up design not a working rr skin.
                            I know, but I want to know if it's possible to actually do it with a working skin?
                            ~ Joel

Comment

Working...
                            X