can anyone make creating a flash playlist/pb/directory list clear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone make creating a flash playlist/pb/directory list clear

I've been searching ALOT over the last few days on how to make a flash list work in rr. Unfortunately there's no conclusive step by step and the only example i've seen (cdrs) is well... far too advanced for me to pick up the basics. So can anyone donate a little time... or code in order to make this clear for myself and others in the community.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

would be great, looking for the same thing, cant figure out cdrs list thingy...

Comment

01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
      01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
      mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

ok i know SOMEBODY still here has to understand how to make a flash playlist. Cmon guy donate some code would ya.

Comment

can't donate code, but I can tell you that you would need some VB code to pick up an FSCommand requests, like this

and to return stuff to flash, you would do something like this (see number 8)

I hope that helps.

EDIT: and in VB you would write some code that gets requests from flash (like dir c:, and getSelectedFile) and create an array (if you can figure out how to pass an array) or create a string, which you split into an array on the Flash side, and then use that as the datasource of a list.
          Current:
          [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
          [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
            ok i know SOMEBODY still here has to understand how to make a flash playlist. Cmon guy donate some code would ya.
            Have you had any luck finding some info? Or anybody else... CDR, DiNASTY? I've been working on a flash skin myself. Although I've got all the basics down I'm still am having problems with my playlist and directory browser. I just want a simple playlist like in a normal skin.
            7" TouchScreen Carputer
            Rockford Fosgate 1501BD and Rockford 551s
            12" MTX 9500 in a SS* or a 12" Brahma in a SS*
            ZAPCO COMPONENTS in front and RFs in rear
            2 YellowTops and a 200amp Iraggi Alternator
            *Snell Shell box from nolteaudio.com

Comment

yea my new skin has flash playlists, directory lists and pb lists. Tomorrow i'll put together a sample to use as an example and post it.

Comment

cool thanks.
                7" TouchScreen Carputer
                Rockford Fosgate 1501BD and Rockford 551s
                12" MTX 9500 in a SS* or a 12" Brahma in a SS*
                ZAPCO COMPONENTS in front and RFs in rear
                2 YellowTops and a 200amp Iraggi Alternator
                *Snell Shell box from nolteaudio.com

Comment

albumart browsing in flash would be great

Comment

Originally posted by marazi View Post
                    albumart browsing in flash would be great

Thats coming too (hopefully) in the form of RR coverflow. I'm leaving that as the last element to work on in the renesis skin. Basically its gonna be a flash interface with an autoit background that will work just like ipod's coverflow.

Comment

ok here's a basic flash playlist. The currently playing track is always displayed in the middle and the color can be changed to whatever u wish it to be (just open the playlist sprite script and change 0xDDDDDD to another color). Lemme point out most of this is CDrSkull code so mucho props to him. He was definitely the innovator along with dynasty with most of these flash concepts.
                      Attached Files

Comment

how do i use it? I tried just putting the file inside my audio player screen, didnt see anything. Renamed it from .swi to swf still no dice. Do i need other files or some other settings to enable it?

beer replenishment fund
                        mp3car live search

Comment

you need swishmax. This is a source code file basically, u have to export it to .swf format.

Then of course u have to set up your labels in your skin file. These are needed:

Code:
                          L,0,0,0,0,,,,,,"TAGTITLE",
                          L,0,0,0,0,,,,,,"TAGARTIST",
                          L,0,0,0,0,,,,,,"TAGALBUM",
                          L,0,0,0,0,,,,,,"TRACKNAME",
                          L,0,0,0,0,,,,,,"LISTPOS",
                          L,0,0,0,0,,,,,,"PLAYLISTCOUNT",
                          L,0,0,0,0,,,,,,"CUSTOMPL",
                          I added the .swf to the .rar file. You should be able to drop that into your skin file, add it to your skin as a flash movie and see the playlist. I made the flash movie 800x600 so you should use 0,0,800,600 as your flash coords.

EDIT

completely forgot u still need the S in your skin file too. make it appear off screen.
                          Attached Files

Comment

sweet thanks,

ill def be giving this a try later. Ive been wanting to add a flash list to my skin for a very long time, but was in the same situation as others, no info avail on how to do it and no one really willing to share there info.

Thanks a lot for gathering and sharing this.

beer replenishment fund
                            mp3car live search

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                              you need swishmax. This is a source code file basically, u have to export it to .swf format.

Then of course u have to set up your labels in your skin file. These are needed:

Code:
                              L,0,0,0,0,,,,,,"TAGTITLE",
                              L,0,0,0,0,,,,,,"TAGARTIST",
                              L,0,0,0,0,,,,,,"TAGALBUM",
                              L,0,0,0,0,,,,,,"TRACKNAME",
                              L,0,0,0,0,,,,,,"LISTPOS",
                              L,0,0,0,0,,,,,,"PLAYLISTCOUNT",
                              L,0,0,0,0,,,,,,"CUSTOMPL",
                              I added the .swf to the .rar file. You should be able to drop that into your skin file, add it to your skin as a flash movie and see the playlist. I made the flash movie 800x600 so you should use 0,0,800,600 as your flash coords.

EDIT

completely forgot u still need the S in your skin file too. make it appear off screen.
                              I can't make it TO work I don't understand the "S in your skin" can you help me?
                              Can you post an example.skin file which uses the playlist.swf?
                              Live today like it is your last day, and behave as though you will live forever...

my WEBSITE

MapMonkey Dalai skin-preview-download ITA-email me for ENG
                              Road Runner CrystalBlue skin-preview-beta release

Comment

Working...
                              X