Will pay cash for custom skin.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will pay cash for custom skin.

Hey, I'm looking to get a custom skin made for my 2003 Chevy Avalanche. The logo for the Avalanche has been a pain in the *** to find. I'm looking for a skin that looks "Factory" so to speak. For example some of the BMW skins on here look like something that would be on a BMW if you got it from the dealer. Thats sort of what i'm looking for. I will pay via paypal to the skinner who can help me with this.

I would like to have menu icons for:

NAV (iGuidance)
    Rear Cam
    GPS
    Music
    Videos
    Photos
    Vehicle Info (OBD-II)
    Weather
    Phone
    and whatever else you see applicable.

My Truck is a Z-71 so if you find a place for that logo, go for it, that would be pretty neat.

Appreciate your time,
    Will Atkins

http://brandsoftheworld.com/search/?...brand_id=27657

http://brandsoftheworld.com/search/?...brand_id=56495

perhaps that will help

Comment

How much are you willing to pay? just curious.
      2002 Acura RSX CarPC Worklog
      Current CarPC Expenses

Comment

This is the logo? If so, it can be recreated.
        Attached Files
        My second Subaru skin
        Full screenshots second skin
        My car photos

CarPC Progress
        ■■■■■■■ - 75%

Comment

after considering whipping something up, im kinda struggling tos see how an OEM skin for a 2003 avalanche would look... after googling avalanche dashes, it seems to be one of the blandest most boring dashboards i've ever seen. no offence of course, just stating the facts. you would possibly be best off getting the BMV skin and adding the above avalanche logo to it. The Avalance (unlike a BMW), doesnt really have any defining features or notable design/style that can be focused on...

Thats why i haven't made an OEM looking skin for my nissan x-trail. inside is boring as hell - all gray, some switches and buttons (also gray), and orange backlighting. i make my skins a bit more colourful to stand out and make things inside the cabin a bit more interesting.

but if you want me to make a plain dark grey skin with some plain buttons, and pay me for it, that be sweet.

what colour backlighting does the avalanche have? any defining features you can highlight? do you have an aftermakret dash kit installed? help us out here a bit.. especially those of us willing to help, who dont actually have access to a avalanche dash! (not really come across any in Australia)
          2005 Nissan Xtrail
          DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

worklog

Comment

appreciate your quick responses. Yes I understand that the AV's dash is bland and there is no OEM Nav Skin out there. I'm just looking for a skin that is "OEMish", (something General Motors/GM might of put on a Nav). My dash is pretty much factory. I just want some thing thats smooth , flashy , and clean looking. My truck is a 4X4, 2003 Chevy Avalanche Z71. My interior dash color is a dark gray, and exterior is a dark gray metallic. Some of the dashes I like, that look clean, for example is the Corvette dash a guy made with the bowtie logo in the corner & the Corvette logo in the center of the Main Menu. Also I would like my AV logo to be chrome (shaded of course). Anything else you need hit me up. Oh by the way I see $20 a reasonable start for a skin, I realize that its not hard for you guys to whip something up, but then again I can't even use a measuring tape to measure up to some skinners here. So I might raise the price (a little, not trying to bust my wallet on a skin), if its just straight up amazing.

Thanks, Will Atkins

Comment

i think some day/night shots of your specific interior, and maybe exterior, especialyl if you ahve anything unique, would help a lot of the skinners out
              cashtexts - Earn money for receiving text messaged offers
              cashtexts review not a scam
              Space Navigator - 6 Axis input device: Take it apart - Driver App
              RRCam - Video/webcam capture, text overlay, and recording: 2.0 Stable

Comment

for the logo take a look here, about the skin, i made this more than a year ago for my kids computer for video audio and games. if u want i can give u the psd's and u can make the skin yourself. or i think the digitalFX skin is nice as hell for an avalanche.....
                Attached Files
                BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
                RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
                WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
                RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
                Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Originally posted by ComputerGuru View Post
                  Oh by the way I see $20 a reasonable start for a skin...
                  per hour, yeh?
                  2005 Nissan Xtrail
                  DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

worklog

Comment

hey man, first of all, I would recommend you looking at & downloading existing skins... colors & main menus can be changed easy enough if you find a skin with the basic structure that fits your needs... download some & try them, there is NO WAY that you won't find SOMETHING you like to start with...

second of all, a complete custom skin like you sound to be implying, would take many many hours, & cost in the hundreds for sure... $20 is as insulting as offering someone $20 to paint a 12' X 40' wall, which buy the way, would even be a lot easier
                    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

20 is insulting for the ammount of time taken

If its just modifying an exsisting skin then maybe, but $50 would be the bare minimum price for a very simplistic skin/modification.

A skin takes hours upon hours worth of work.

$25 per every .skin file is more like it :P . You listed 9 seperate skins not additional skins needed for browse/library/search/infoscreen/osk skins for each thing.
                      Car : 00' Chrysler 300M
                      Speakers : Rainbow Audio SLC 265 | Subs : Diamond Audio D6 12" Subs X2
                      Amp's : Hifonics ZXi 6006 AB | Hifonics BXi 1606 D
                      CarPC: HP Laptop AMD Sempron 3000+ | 1.5GB RAM | DVD+RW | 80GB 5400RPM HD | ATI R200 Video

Comment

how about something like this? Better to take a good skin and modify it for your needs. To create one from scratch will be very time consuming.

Cars:
                        2001 Lexus es300 carpc Complete!Lexus es300 thread Retired
                        Current: 2008 BMW 335i - carpc in development.

Comment

is that chevy enough for you?

the buttons dont really suit but i just edited the skin im making at the moment for myself - u get what ya pay for
                          Attached Files
                          2005 Nissan Xtrail

worklog

Comment

Regarding to what other people said... i've worked on the damn skin here for many (too many) hours:
                            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=90184

Considering that in those hours i could have done many paid designs (and i did'nt!) , i don't even want to think what is the "price" of a custom skin... but i really doubt that is under hundreds of dollars. just my thought...
                            My second Subaru skin
                            Full screenshots second skin
                            My car photos

CarPC Progress
                            ■■■■■■■ - 75%

Comment

Working...
                            X