FreeDooM _ Sony flash skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeDooM _ Sony flash skin

Well check it out guys... this is something I've been working on for a while...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsACVZMti7Y

I can't release this until I get permission from cdrskull to share since it's based off of freedom 2.1.

Its about 99% all flash so takes a big toll on CPU usage.
    In the end this became so much different than freedom but since I used some of his flash skins / code I rather wait for his approval.

Comments are welcome.

** I just released the flash traffic map for every city on traffic.com here:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...86#post1010686
    04 Acura TL w/ core2duo 2ghz laptop w/ 1gb RAM on a docking station.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

http://www.arcdesigns.net/carpc/

My TL CarPC ver2

FSR Flash Skin w/ moving weather maps

looks good man keep it going.
    The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
    CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
    PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
    Memory:1G
    Drives:160gig
    WI-FI:Cingular
    GPS:IG2k9
    Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
    The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

These screens look VERY familiar for some reason

Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Hmmm, Now where have I seen those screens before

Comment

looking forward to try this out...
          good work..

will you release source...?

Comment

niceeee i remembere where i have senn this.. the player bottom controls look similar to origami??

Comment

yeah you're right.. its from bluedevil and simplistique skins...just took the best of all worlds

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

My TL CarPC ver2

Comment

How many times you have to push those buttons to make them work?

Thanatos.
                RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Originally posted by moahdib View Post
                  yeah you're right.. its from bluedevil and simplistique skins...just took the best of all worlds
                  So this is basically just the Freedom skin, with Simplistique and Blue Devil screens added in?

Don't get me wrong, it is nice. On the other hand though, usually when someone releases a skin, they have done all of the work on it. You have taken CDRSkull's, Lloyde's and my work and just mixed it all in together to create this skin.
                  Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Nice work man, Looks really nice.
                    Genesis Skin
                    Bongo Skin

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWPB View Post
                      So this is basically just the Freedom skin, with Simplistique and Blue Devil screens added in?

Don't get me wrong, it is nice. On the other hand though, usually when someone releases a skin, they have done all of the work on it. You have taken CDRSkull's, Lloyde's and my work and just mixed it all in together to create this skin.
                      Don't take this the wrong way. There is a LOT of code in flash which is original. Freedom 2.1 doesn't do a LOT of things my skin does such as the reusable side menu buttons that perform different functions based on whatever skin is being used. The top, side, and bottom flash portions of the skin you see throughout are all separate flash files and reused on EVERY screen. Basically this allows my skin to be very dynamic with the top, side buttons and bottom buttons being reused on any "future" screens. Unlike Freedom's which is one flash file per skin. Also I have the VIS on almost every skin (winamp style) which I haven't seen done on any skin out there. I believe the traffic flash map is first of its kind..although it is hacked from traffic.com it is simply the best way to view traffic data asides than using your browser.

From blue devil I just used the igpopup.skin and the exe scripts. And from simplistique I took ideas on the main menu and browser interfaces because I think its very nice, simple and user friendly.
                      Isn't the point of this whole thing that we improve on what we already have and make it better?

I don't think there is a rule saying "thou shall not modify any skins an author has released publically". Thats what everyone in this forum does. Modify skins to their own liking. If cdrskull, lloydy or yourself objects to me releasing this, I won't. The only people that would be at a loss would be the people of this forum who wouldn't have a chance to try it out. There are great skins out there, but not many that are flash based, and those who do flash skins know that it is very time consuming to make a skin in flash which is what I've done.

I think until you actually see the files and how the skin is structured, only then you will see this is not just a "hacked" version of freedom where all I've done is change the image.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

My TL CarPC ver2

Comment

oh boy here we go.....
                        The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
                        CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
                        PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
                        Memory:1G
                        Drives:160gig
                        WI-FI:Cingular
                        GPS:IG2k9
                        Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
                        The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

Originally posted by thanatos106 View Post
                          How many times you have to push those buttons to make them work?

Thanatos.
                          My PC was at very high CPU usage because of the screen capture program. That doesn't happen when you just run the skin normally.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

My TL CarPC ver2

Comment

I like cheese

moahdib
                            I think your skin: is very nice, as for a couple of the replies: not so much.
                            Your skin takes the best of the best and makes it even better, some of your peeps think they are Al Gore (invented the internet) perhaps you reminded them of Microsoft? they did not build rr or the hardware in there PC's (as far as I know). I would love to try your edit. So give props to the programmers and release your version. Looking forward to trying your software. You should totally sell it to yahoo/Microsoft and order a Margarita with no salt, no salt.
                            just my two bits,
                            Melty

Comment

Hi m8, sorry I have taken so long to responed.. been really busy. As long as you dont intend selling any part of my code/skin then your free to use it as you like. Also thanks for asking.. it makes a BIG difference :-)

good luck m8

CdR
                              Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X