Nintendo Wii Skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo Wii Skin

I was playing wii today, and thought that a similar interface would work well in a carpc environment. I did a mockup in photoshop for the menu. The only thing it seems to lack is volume up/down/mute. I thought maybe a bar would be nice on the top where it would show current track playing and then I would have room at the bottom for volume controls. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    2002 Acura RSX CarPC Worklog
    Current CarPC Expenses

looks like it might be a little hard to see in the car, maybe add a bit more contrast, simple & clean though...
    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

looks pretty washed out.
      01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
      01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
      mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

the idea is great
        but ik looks af little washed out..
        but i realy like it .. got potensional.

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke View Post
          looks pretty washed out.

In the sunlight it will be unreadable.
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

i love it!

my ipod skin looked pretty washed out but i had no problems using it in day to day use. i found that in DIRECT sunlight, any skin is next to useless. maybe make the text a little darker, but otherwise i think it looks awesome!
            2005 Nissan Xtrail
            DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

worklog

Comment

Yea, I DO like the concept, very clean and simple. I have to say that it does look washed out though. I took your image above, and just tweaked the contrast & Brightness a bit:

I see the Radio Shark for your Radio button. I didn't see the Radio Shark on your system at the meet. That is what I am using as well, and have had good luck with it so far. Works well now that the code is built into RR and no plugin is required to use it.
              Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Thanks for all your comments. I will work on making it more sunlight readable. I don't have/don't plan to have radio, but I figured I might as well include it as most people do.

@JohnWPB
                Did you mod your radioshark to accept your car antenna, or are you using the internal one?

Thanks again,
                -Ellior
                Current CarPC Expenses

Comment

more progress:
                  I put in the volume buttons, but can't find a good place for the mute button. Any ideas?

Current CarPC Expenses

Comment

[quote=Pistolen08;1011980]more progress:
                    I put in the volume buttons, but can't find a good place for the mute button. Any ideas?

You have some empty area at the top of the screen, this would make a great place to put the song info that you have at the bottom right now. That would give you extra space at the bottom for mute and a couple other buttons.

I am using an FM Dipole antennae that is plugged into the back of the Radio Shark.
                    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

anyone see the youtube video of the wii emulator ? someone wrote a program for the pc that looks like the wii . not to be mean, but it looked better. you should check it out
                      Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

Originally posted by pRoFiT View Post
                        anyone see the youtube video of the wii emulator ? someone wrote a program for the pc that looks like the wii . not to be mean, but it looked better. you should check it out
                        I agree with pRoFiT.
                        I saw that video too and i also have a wii, you can download the emulator also, its pretty cool. I think you still have a way to go. The wii ui is pretty basic so it shouldnt be hard to outdo them.

I think you should change the number of buttons from 9 to 6 that will allow you a lot more room for other controls. I wouldnt stick buttons inbetween bigger buttons like you are now, it just looks like the ui wasnt planned out and your just sticking stuff where you can.

IMO i think you should think about what it is you really want to achieve.

Emulate the wii menu 100% - you'll be stuck trying to adjust the layout to adapt to carpc needs and end up with a bastard version of the wii menu.

Emulate the theme of the wii - here you have the most control as it isnt looked apon as being and exact copy of the wii menu and you have the freedom to change the layout to what you need it to be.

Here is a skin that emulates the theme of the wii menu, but yet doesn't use any actual elements from the wii.

Here are some beta wii menus when it was still called the Nintendo Revolution.
                        Just posting them cuz i think they are cool and way better looking that what Nintendo actually ended up going with. And they would make some cool skins for RR. Not sure why they went with what they have now if they had way better stuff before. I think the wii menu looks a lot better in those youtube videos than in person. Its just too simple with really no details anywhere, but i think they wanted something a 4ry old could navigate. In that aspect i think they succeeded cuz my 4yr old daughter can get around it with no problems.

beer replenishment fund
                        mp3car live search

Comment

Damn, almost makes me want to buy a wii. Damn PS3 multi cell CPU and sleek black design. I only have one game Call Of Duty 3. And that was available for PC, XBOX360, wii and PS2. oh well. UT3 and Motor Storm will be kewl when they come out. They better have keyboard and mouse support for UT3 on the PS3 or im going to be ****ed!

Anyways, Nice start, keep up the good work. The more skins the better! Im trying to get better at photoshop so i can contribute, but so far nothing "frontendable".
                          Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

hey liquid, see on those screen shots, how the list is kinda greyed out, but the center selection is brighter & larger... when you scroll the list moves up & down, but the highlighted item is always in the center & bolder & larger..

is that possible in roadrunner? kinda like media center menus were I think...
                            MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6 View Post
                              hey liquid, see on those screen shots, how the list is kinda greyed out, but the center selection is brighter & larger... when you scroll the list moves up & down, but the highlighted item is always in the center & bolder & larger..

is that possible in roadrunner? kinda like media center menus were I think...
                              unfortunately thats a big fat no, unless you use flash.

beer replenishment fund
                              mp3car live search

Comment

Working...
                              X