Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Skin under construction: BMW Style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Skin under construction: BMW Style

    Hi, I'm making a new skin for my E46 bimmer. It's inspired from those images found on a thread originaly made for Centrafuse but never release:





    And this is my skin:


    It's not a really complete, I actualy done 65% of the skin, and I don't know when it will be finished

    You can see the skin in this video:
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km5cxmvYnXw[/media]

  • #2
    Pretty slick man.... good job on it!!
    2003 E46 BMW
    Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
    ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
    Everything is for sale.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by AzN_Tuan View Post
      Hi, I'm making a new skin for my E46 bimmer. It's inspired from those images found on a thread originaly made for Centrafuse but never release:





      And this is my skin:


      It's not a really complete, I actualy done 65% of the skin, and I don't know when it will be finished

      You can see the skin in this video:
      [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km5cxmvYnXw[/media]
      might be a dumb but what do you use to interface with the car, will you make this public, thanks.

      Comment


      • #4
        might be a dumb but what do you use to interface with the car
        Probably an iBus controller of some sort. Like this one. Works only for BMW and Mini however.

        @AzN_Tuan: Nice job on the skin. Also the white dashboard illumination is a nice touch. I see you got the LTS working. Never managed to do this on my E39...
        BMW 525tds -Biostar I94GM-I4 -Celeron M44O 1,86GHz, M2-ATX, 1Gb, 320GB -HQCT RDS tuner -Creative Extigy -iBus controller -Lilliput 7" touchscreen -DLS Ultimate A7 amplifier -Focal 130K, 130V, 27V2 speakers

        Bezel Worklog-My Install -iDrive F01 RR Skin

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by polo6979 View Post
          Pretty slick man.... good job on it!!
          Thanks man, good luck with your project

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by HIGHGRADE View Post
            might be a dumb but what do you use to interface with the car, will you make this public, thanks.
            Hi, I used the Resler's iBus interface in serial mode, it works just fine like you see, i'm very happy to use it!
            http://www.reslers.de/IBUS/index.html

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bimmerstyle View Post
              Probably an iBus controller of some sort. Like this one. Works only for BMW and Mini however.

              @AzN_Tuan: Nice job on the skin. Also the white dashboard illumination is a nice touch. I see you got the LTS working. Never managed to do this on my E39...

              Thanks, the white illumination is just fine, I love it




              What do you mean with "LTS" ?

              Comment


              • #8
                The Light Test Sequence in iBusRR. Or did you use another way to make the lights come on in that funky style?
                BMW 525tds -Biostar I94GM-I4 -Celeron M44O 1,86GHz, M2-ATX, 1Gb, 320GB -HQCT RDS tuner -Creative Extigy -iBus controller -Lilliput 7" touchscreen -DLS Ultimate A7 amplifier -Focal 130K, 130V, 27V2 speakers

                Bezel Worklog-My Install -iDrive F01 RR Skin

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AzN_Tuan View Post
                  You can see the skin in this video:
                  [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km5cxmvYnXw[/media]
                  Total n00b question:

                  How did you get the steering wheel controls linked up?
                  Presuming you don't have a head unit...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Total n00b question:

                    How did you get the steering wheel controls linked up?
                    Presuming you don't have a head unit...
                    The answer to that was posted a few posts back. See quote below:

                    Hi, I used the Resler's iBus interface in serial mode, it works just fine like you see, i'm very happy to use it!
                    http://www.reslers.de/IBUS/index.html
                    BMW 525tds -Biostar I94GM-I4 -Celeron M44O 1,86GHz, M2-ATX, 1Gb, 320GB -HQCT RDS tuner -Creative Extigy -iBus controller -Lilliput 7" touchscreen -DLS Ultimate A7 amplifier -Focal 130K, 130V, 27V2 speakers

                    Bezel Worklog-My Install -iDrive F01 RR Skin

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bimmerstyle View Post
                      The answer to that was posted a few posts back. See quote below:
                      Thanks! Didn't know the IBUS could control that too!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hey guys, what happent to this beautiful skin.... im waiting for this to be release... or atleast beta version... give me something azn_tuan....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          bump... any updates

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X