New personal skin in progress -genX-

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New personal skin in progress -genX-

Here is my new skin im working on it's called genX, right now it's for personal use, but when i get some more screens done, and some plugings integrated i plan to release it.. For all the main functions i use a logitech remote, so there is no play/pause etc buttons... but the ress. is 800x480 so for those who use a 800x600 screen there can be added a bar in the bottom for buttons...

Nice and clean concept. If you make that red background transparent (which seems like you may already have?) it would be very customizable.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

The red background is transparet ive also planned to make a background browser, but i dont know if its possible to make the black grid stay and then put a background behind that... som over/under lay kind of thing...

Comment

you could do one better and make all the colored areas transparent (leaving the rounded gradient in tact) and allow people to create there own backgrounds which will fill in the colors. Looks good though as is.
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Update:

Now the background is transparet.

PROGRESS

Menu: 90%
          Music: 100%
          audio browser: 10%
          Phone: 70%
          plugin manager: 100%

PLUGINS

.net Bluetooth Mobilephone Plugin

More screens are comming.

Comment

looks good mate
            Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

very nice

Comment

very clean lines - looks very OEM.
                I like the look of this skin, I think it might have a lot of potential.
                -------------------------------
                The TEKNIK Family ... Teknik 1 & Teknik 2, Teknik T-3, Teknik v4.0, Teknik-X.

Comment

Thx.. when i got some more screens done, and have made some testing, buttom sizes, functions and so on.. I will release a test version, and any suggestions are welcome.

Comment

Very nice skin so far, I have only one suggestion. Well, 1 1/2 . Could you add internet radio to the skin. And also a plug-in for the internet radio. The plug is called stream ripper for Winamp, and it's a free plug too. I been using this for years in all my carpc(s) installs. The only problem I have is minimizing RR to see stream ripper plug so I can tic the record button on/off. This option would really make internet radio shine. I wonder why anyone hasn't come up with this idea before? Plus if you use this service like I do.......well, see here: http://www.autonetmobile.com/ Thax A Bunch.

Comment

THEREALRAWPWR----- i have thougt about the internet radio, and when i have the default screens done, i will try to look into that,

for the streamripper, i think it maybe could be run as an embed application, havent tried it... but an idé

Comment

Great!, Thanx my friend, Lookin' forward for this fished GenX skin.

Comment

looking great. perfect for someone like me using the space navigator. i don't need buttons

hope you will release a version soon

Comment

@SKEAL: im hoping to release a test version in the end of the week, with phone, audio, audio now playing, audio prowser, and plugin manager. And in the final release i plan to have the following

Mainmenu
                            • Audio
                            Audio now playing
                            Audio browser
                            • Radio
                            • Internet radio
                            • Picture browser
                            • Video player
                            Video browser
                            • DVD player
                            • Plugin manager
                            • GPS
                            • Phone
                            • Playlist manager
                            • Settings
                            Skin browser
                            Wifi manager

(@SKEAL: What drivers are you using for the Space navigator?? RCB9 driver? because i have both a SN and a logitech remote, But can't save my layout whit the RCB9 drivers to map the SN to keystrokes.)

Comment

Here are some more pics....

Comment

Working...
                              X