Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carwings Dynamic Lite DAYTIME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Carwings Dynamic Lite DAYTIME

    Been toying with the idea of a daytime version of Carwings Lite. If there is interest I will release it.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	MENU_OFF.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	2305527
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

    The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

  • #2
    I think it looks great! That off-white/silver is for me the best solution for day time viewing.
    Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
    Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

    07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post
      I think it looks great! That off-white/silver is for me the best solution for day time viewing.
      Me too. It works great in the truck.
      I emailed you a link to d/l at the email address you sent me the other day. Did you get itl or do I need to resend it? Once you get it I found a couple of bugs to fix so I will send you a new link once they are fixed.
      The Car 2005 Scion xB

      The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post
        I think it looks great! That off-white/silver is for me the best solution for day time viewing.
        I have seen many day skins in the past and have come to the conclusion that we probably need to add another term to our collective vocabulary... There are lighter skins for daytime use and there should be skins for "DAYLIGHT" ,i.e., direct sunlight in a convertable. These skins are for extreme conditions and in my opinion must be bold black letters and symbols on a pale/off-white background.

        Every time someone announces a new day skin I get excited and then disappointed. My screen in my vert works well but but the text of these day skins really does need to be black.
        At least with a black font I have several pale backgrounds I can use in the vert.
        HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GizmoQ View Post
          I have seen many day skins in the past and have come to the conclusion that we probably need to add another term to our collective vocabulary... There are lighter skins for daytime use and there should be skins for "DAYLIGHT" ,i.e., direct sunlight in a convertable. These skins are for extreme conditions and in my opinion must be bold black letters and symbols on a pale/off-white background.

          Every time someone announces a new day skin I get excited and then disappointed. My screen in my vert works well but but the text of these day skins really does need to be black.
          At least with a black font I have several pale backgrounds I can use in the vert.
          I can do that too. With this version I was trying to keep the feel of the grey carwings but in lighter colors. I played with an almost pure black and white version while I worked on this. I will do a screen shot for you and see if you would like a complete skin.
          The Car 2005 Scion xB

          The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fixerofallthing View Post
            i can do that too. With this version i was trying to keep the feel of the grey carwings but in lighter colors. I played with an almost pure black and white version while i worked on this. I will do a screen shot for you and see if you would like a complete skin.
            cool!
            HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

            Comment


            • #7
              How about something like this?

              Click image for larger version

Name:	MENU_OFF.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	2277684
              Originally posted by GizmoQ View Post
              cool!
              The Car 2005 Scion xB

              The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

              Comment


              • #8
                That would definitely work!
                HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GizmoQ View Post
                  That would definitely work!
                  Great. Working on a complete release now for both screenshots. Should be available soon.
                  The Car 2005 Scion xB

                  The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GizmoQ View Post
                    I have seen many day skins in the past and have come to the conclusion that we probably need to add another term to our collective vocabulary... There are lighter skins for daytime use and there should be skins for "DAYLIGHT" ,i.e., direct sunlight in a convertable. These skins are for extreme conditions and in my opinion must be bold black letters and symbols on a pale/off-white background.

                    Every time someone announces a new day skin I get excited and then disappointed. My screen in my vert works well but but the text of these day skins really does need to be black.
                    At least with a black font I have several pale backgrounds I can use in the vert.
                    Exactly! Perfectly put! Most skin gurus should develop for both: a daytime skin and a DAYLIGHT! skin!

                    DAYLIGHT! skin may not look as good when coding in your glossy screen at night, but under direct bright sunlight, no clouds CA Summer sun...only DAYLIGHT! will do.


                    Originally posted by fixerofallthing View Post
                    I can do that too. With this version I was trying to keep the feel of the grey carwings but in lighter colors. I played with an almost pure black and white version while I worked on this. I will do a screen shot for you and see if you would like a complete skin.
                    2xCOOL.

                    Originally posted by fixerofallthing View Post
                    How about something like this?

                    [ATTACH]59170[/ATTACH]

                    Awesome! I think you could keep the off-white/silver. The whites must be opaque so as not to reflect light. So I think the silver on the first one above works okay for me (i tested in the car already, when you first sent it). Now the black/off-black(?) can be glossy, I think. So yeah, both work for me, but darker fonts should be preferred.
                    Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
                    Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

                    07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Here is a sample build of the high contrast version. Let me know if you find anything.
                      The Car 2005 Scion xB

                      The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by fixerofallthing View Post
                        Here is a sample build of the high contrast version. Let me know if you find anything.
                        Other than I can't turn the VIS off the music screen, this is great!
                        HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GizmoQ View Post
                          Other than I can't turn the VIS off the music screen, this is great!
                          I will take a look at that tonight. I do not use so I overlooked ot in testing. Thanks for the feedback.
                          The Car 2005 Scion xB

                          The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GizmoQ View Post
                            Other than I can't turn the VIS off the music screen, this is great!
                            Sorry, forgot about this until just now. Added command to BACK button. Push for back and push and hold to turn off VIS and stay on playlist.

                            audio_player.txt

                            Rename file extension from .txt to .skin and copy to skin directory and overwrite current audio_player.skin.
                            The Car 2005 Scion xB

                            The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by fixerofallthing View Post
                              Sorry, forgot about this until just now. Added command to BACK button. Push for back and push and hold to turn off VIS and stay on playlist.

                              [ATTACH]59199[/ATTACH]

                              Rename file extension from .txt to .skin and copy to skin directory and overwrite current audio_player.skin.
                              Back at cha! I fixed the unreadable playlist select, vis and repeat labels, and added a reloadlist on top of the time label (for internet radio)
                              Attached Files
                              HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X