My first skin - Notpotplayer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first skin - Notpotplayer

I've always enjoyed the practical approach to learning, so this is a skin where I'm learning as I go. Atm im struggling getting weather information loaded on startup, so I have to open weather.skin in order for the icons/labels on the main menu to work. I'm also not sure about how to do transparent / user changable backgrounds, so that will come later ^^ "Might" also be why there's no settings window, yet.

Having my dash out of my car and my new 7" screen on the way I haven't really had a chance to check if the sizing of stuff is actually practical. I'm guessing some or alot of the text has to be resized, especially the stuff at the top. Anyway, this is how it sits atm.

Main

Main w/ volume open
    click the volume icon/label on top

Main w/ mixer open
    click the volume icon/label on top, then mixer

Audio player
    eq probably in the same style as the mixer, not done yet

Audio browser

Picture viewer
    Should probably include the player bar at the bottom, for continuity.

Web browser
    fennec

looks very good, i wish more people releases more good looking skins like this, and not just wait for popular skins,
    BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
    RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
    WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
    RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
    Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

I like the Tab idea looking good keep it up
      Riderunner / Genesis
      Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
      New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
      Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
      Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
      Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

You should call it "Sitting on Thepot", since it's a clear lift of Thepotplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by SenatorIvy View Post
          You should call it "Sitting on Thepot", since it's a clear lift of Thepotplayer.

I likes it ^^ That's actually exactly where I got the basic idea from. I was just browsing google images for ideas and "borrowed" some stuff from one of them :P

Comment

btw: I hope its not a skin on here :P Think I'll have to search it up and check wth thepotplayer is all about ^^

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              I likes it ^^ That's actually exactly where I got the basic idea from. I was just browsing google images for ideas and "borrowed" some stuff from one of them :P
              And what parts didn't you "borrow"? As far as I can tell... it's all from the Potplayer.

Comment

lolo, 2 people in this thread wanted a RR version :P

I do like this look very much. However, I am a fan of the CF3 so ... what can you say.

However, thepot player really keeps reminding me of safari and the apple site combined for some reason ...

besides looking like something else, I do like this design!

Comment

Originally posted by ws6vert View Post
                  And what parts didn't you "borrow"? As far as I can tell... it's all from the Potplayer.
                  The middle

Comment

Very nice look.

The first release is for when ?

Comment

Excellent job so far JimL.
                      I was one of the persons who liked ThePot GUI but would not put it into a CarPC. An RR skin on the same lines would be just what the doctor prescribed...
                      Thanks for your initiative.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        did you ask the company for using their layout ?

i remember the problems CdrSkull had with Fluxmedia (Centrafuse) as he makes a RR flash skin which looks near their layout.

so, it could be better to ask.

Comment

Nope, and it doesn't really matter couse I'm gonna use it anyway. Thats one of the great things about living in europe you know, people cant just sue people for everything and anything. They might have had a case if I broke into their systems and used their source code to port their app to another platform. But as it is I've used a a screenshot to replicate a menu, a 4 pixel width line a white tab and a couple of icons. Any judge over here would probably not even care to laugh before he dismissed the case. Only problem I can see is if they contact mp3car after its done in regarding to hosting it, but that's then and now's now

Comment

hmmmm, I'm not a lawyer but just "copying/borrowing" a layout is rampant on the net.
                            Look at all the "windows/apple" look alike sites or even all the wordpress ones.

Once you get to certain point in finishing the basics, I'd change colors and a few other areas.

I think it's really hard to walk the fine line between copying and imitating. There's always the fact that apple is always poking fun at redmond about getting their copiers ready. But in reality everybody copies somebody else to some extent.

I do like this design. I'd love to see a CF3 version too

Comment

The difference between copying and cloning is pretty easy...

In a copy -> like posted here, You can match it up to the original and it matches pixel for pixel. This is clearly a direct copy with the only change being lists due to rrs inability to display more graphical lists.

In a clone, that is not the case because it was recreated from scratch...companies can argue that it is similar to the original but that rarely holds up in court.
                              openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
                              - Always Recruiting Developers -
                              Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X