AndroidSkin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AndroidSkin

So i decided to make a new skin.........

Here's a quick screenshot of the main screen.....

Here's the plans for it:

- Movable home screen objects (not click and drag unfortunately)
    - Clock widget w/ customizable font colors and background color (as pictured above)
    - App Drawer will contain links to all of the screens in the skin (except for menus)
    - RRFusion integration with lots of features
    - more...

If the RR skinning engine gets updated, there's other things I will add to the skin as well, but for right now it's somewhat limited as far as transitions go and how screens load up...

This will take me some time to do since I work 60ish hours a week with an hour drive to and from work...lol

Like the phones, the skin support moving between home screens by swiping to the left or right. Moving an object on the homescreen will be similar to how Android does it as well, but instead of click and drag, a screen will pop up with available locations the object can be set in.
    Planning: [|||||||||-] 90%
    Purchased: [|||||||||/] 99%
    Installation: [|||||||||-] 90% (when is anyone's project ever REALLY done...)

WOW!

Not really my tastes but still nice work!

Why don't you move the time and date to somewhere that doesn't disrupt the art work so much?

Comment

Does look good. +1
      What will the graph button do? I am looking at my wife's android phone and I am not to familiar with it.

Comment

That will be the equalizer/mixer.

I prefer to have the time and date on the homescreen instead of the status bar.

Also, the status bar will open up like in android displaying ongoing and recent notifications.

Comment

Thanks
          I like the idea of the larger clock... especially since the one in my car is broken.
          I feel you on the work load. Time spent on fun things is hard to come by.
          Good luck

Comment

I will put an option in the settings for time being in the status bar for those that wouldn't want the time/date widget there... but that wont be a top priority right now...

I'm going to start working on some of the simpler things like audio player, audio browser, mixer/eq, things like that since those won't really require a lot of "figuring **** out" if you will...

Comment

Oh man...I really don't know what's up with all the skins having time and date...date specially the month/year part, that's TMI for me. A big calendar icon with a big number for the day, that *could* work, if in context.

Of course, just my .2c.

Nice original idea, btw. Are you planing to use animated backgrounds, like a storm, or rays, or anything? That would be cool.
              Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
              Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Animated backgrounds are beyond the capabilities of RR right now, as are some of the things that would make this skin flow a lot better. So for now, it's going to have to be a little more basic until someone can update the skinning engine of RR

Clock Widget color selector (click and hold anywhere on the time/date widget):

Comment

I should like to see a video !

Comment

This is far too away from being completed for that, lol...

The screens dont transition quite the same as on android phones unfortunately, but I try to keep them as close as I can with the limitations of the skinning engine.

Comment

I'd be interested in this. I <3 my Motorola Droid.
                      '05 Magnum RT
                      CarPC coming soon. Hopefully end of 2010.
                      Parts left to buy-
                      Monitor, Bybyte frame, Axxess hook up, Sheet metal for double din case.

Comment

unfortunately until the RR skinning engine is a little more flexible, i wont be trying to hard to make this work...

I'm currently working with the OM guys to get this done on their platform. Once it's done and RR is more capable, I'll port it to work for RR as well.

It sucks that I cant really continue this one in RR right now, but the amount of extra coding required just to make some of the features i want work, it would take me a long time just to get it working.

I'll still post up screenshots here and such, and I'll still work on it for RR, but my main focus for now will be the OM version that is more suitable for this skin.

Media Player:

I reused the media controls from my current skin (unreleased) as I don't like the android controls (no stop, no volume, etc)

Comment

Will OM support video/animated/or at least autochanging backgrounds?

Comment

I'm not going to discuss that here...thats kinda messed up if i would since this is in RR's forum.

PM me please.

Comment

Sorry, didn't think about it first.

PM going.

Comment

Working...
                              X