NoName Skin... Proof of concept

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoName Skin... Proof of concept

Hi all been a while since I've been on here. However I'm finally getting round to building my carpc and thought I would do custom skin (mostly for my personal use) but to share with anyone if they fancy using.

Not done any skinning at all with RR however I will be learning pretty darn quick (should also keep me busy while on the Oil Rigs)

It is purely a proof of concept at the moment and I need a name for the skin, but not sure what to call it. The concept is loosely based on the BMW idrive and maybe iOS.

As I'm very new to RR, I've checked out the default skin and it's good, I just like things my way, however saying that, I will need some help on what are must haves for the skin, you can see below what I think are must haves. TBH, weather isn't something I need to look up on a car pc when I'm driving, I have plenty of windows to look out of. I will also be looking for advice from the seasoned skinners here (if they don't mind throwing a poor ole chap a bone)

What are peoples opinions on the GPS available - I personally am a TomTom guy and have been for many years but this not an option but would like something close to it. I think Navigon looks good but is that available on PC.

Anyways, here is the Home screen (very unfinished!!! but hoping to take you thru my skinning journey)

Click image for larger version

Name:	mainmenu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	2308894
    The difference between genius and insanity.......... Is the measure of success!!

Looks very similar to a skin i'm working on for my htpc. I personally LOVE it
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
      Looks very similar to a skin i'm working on for my htpc. I personally LOVE it
      Nice!! Which front end are you using for your HTPC, I'm using mediabrowser for my main one and XBMC upstairs thru Apple TV 2. I have to say XBMC seem to have slicker skins but I prefer the menu systems in MB.

Cheers for the thumbs up.
      The difference between genius and insanity.......... Is the measure of success!!

Comment

Very nice a very clean ! I like also

Comment

Excellent looking skin! Thanks for sharing.
          I'd love to see this developed to a full fledged skin with common plugins like RR-TPMS Plugin.

Comment

Cheers for the comments peeps, well.... I'm going offshore today in Norway, so I should have plenty of time to work on the skin and get the graphics side up and running for the skin at least.

A question to all and any.... What mobile phone plugin are you using (i'm UK, so GSM would have to work for me)

Thanks in Advance

Dave

Comment

This is how I would expect it look. I certainly want to get minimum OBDII info on the screen, such as speed, fuel gauge and revs. Voice integration is also important, if it works well. The space on the top bar would be where info regarding media playing would go with a progress bar for that track.

Can someone help me with a phone plugin and GPS software. Which ones to use??????? Cheers

Anyway, let me know your thoughts

Name:	mainmenu2.jpg
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	2283917

Comment

Just a quick question on indicators and setting the blink rate.

I have an area (mute) as an indicator, the command is set to MasterMute, however I wish to set the blink rate for this to be longer on than off. Initially I thought it was in seconds, then thought more along the lines of programming to set to milliseconds. None of these work.

Thanks again.

Comment

You can try that:
                  I08,7,544,62,53,"MUTE:b",1000,500,""

Comment

Thanks, that works a treat. So why in the skin editor, when I put this into the indicator object parameters doesn't this write to the skin. Or do I have to select certain Layer states to achieve this. Odd, anyways I now have a fix which is perfect.

On the same subject, can I bind a play or pause state to a button, then use an image mask to show the different states.

Comment

the skin editor is 3rd party program, and not DIRECTLY supported by the rr team, from time to time Bluezx3 does update it... i would think it would support the blink times..
                      i tend to use a text editor to tweak a skin...
                      we would love someone to do a new skineditor, or at least take ownership of this one

-Thanks
                      Mitch
                      www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                      May healing waters bury all my pain
                      Wind, Carry me home
                      The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                      The piece of me that died
                      Will return To live again

Comment

Just a little update as to my progress. I'd like to think I'm learning pretty quickly and my photoshop is taking a pounding but all good fun.

These are actual shots from RR now, not a photoshop mock up. I still need to work on the browser window (I borrowed this from Carwings skin for the moment-Thanks). If you have any comments, suggestions or critics then please pipe up.

The screen shots are from: Home screen, Home screen with an incoming call popup, Audio Player & Audio player with visualization.

Name:	Home.jpg
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	2283958

Name:	Homewithincoming.jpg
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	2283959

Name:	Player.jpg
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	2283960

Name:	PlayerwithVis.jpg
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	2283961

Comment

I like it, I want it, How long till done? :P

Comment

Cool, good job who progress on the good way

Comment

Cheers for the comments peeps..... much appreciated!! Always gives a morale lift

@ Liam17 - I'm not very far along with it, probably be a month or so at least before the basics are complete, I will probably be looking for beta testers to make sure the core is working, then I can look at adding in extra features.

I have to say, I like the "INC" txt documents you can create... it saves sooooo much time not having to reinvent the wheel all the time.

Is there any documentation for creating iLists and folderbrowser windows?

Comment

Working...
                              X