Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shotgun! - Frontend Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shotgun! - Frontend Released!

    Introducing Shotgun!, an exciting new Windows frontend for in car computing!

    Shotgun! represents some of the most innovative and intuitive design in CarPC software technology today. Encompassing a range of features and capabilities, Shotgun! allows for complete and quick access to audio and video libraries, direct control of satellite radio content, ease of use mobile internet access, customized applications and games, and "better than OEM" software navigation support - all presented and executed with incredible simplicity and thoughtful design.

    Shotgun! features:
    • Audio playback (mp3,wma,etc)
    • Video (wmv,avi,asf,etc)
    • DVD playback
    • Navigation
    • Internet/wifi capability
    • On Screen Keyboard
    • Application embedding which enables you to launch applications and games while maintaining your audio/navigation controls.
    • XM Radio support
    • And more!

    Additionally, to ensure continued development and formalization of automotive computing technology as a whole, Driven Dynamics offers Shotgun! to the community FREE, fully functional, and ready for use in any Windows based CarPC project.

    We are committed to the Shotgun! project and look forward to community feedback and suggestions for improvement.

    Please visit www.drivendynamics.com/shotgun.html for more information, downloads, and support.

    Also please note this software was developed by "TheKlassic" (Collin) and I (Kieran). Please feel free to direct any questions or comments to us.

    Screenshots:

    Loading


    Main Screen Turn On


    Visulization


    Playlist


    Favorites List Support:


    Video:


    Navigation


    Internet:


    Internet w/ OSK displayed:


    Application Embedding:


    Thanks for looking!
    Shotgun! - An Advanced CarPC Software Solution!

  • #2
    very nice skin on it, like a lot,good work

    Shall try it out

    Comment


    • #3
      that is a GREAT simple skin and greatl ooking front end in general. what language is it written in?
      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

      Comment


      • #4
        Very nice looking!

        I'm pretty sure I saw this in person. Saturated Fat...You're the man in the 350Z right?

        I was very impressed with how responsive this front end was. Just amazing how you were just zipping around it!

        Question #1 - Any thoughts/plans to add Sirius support? I'm currently using Centrafuse 2.0 with a Sirius SC-C1 and the MJS interface. Wonderful hardware package and I LOVE Sirius over XM.

        Question #2 - Hotkey/Keyboard support? I'm using a Space Navigator to do the majority of my controlling in the car. I have it set up to just activate hotkeys for the majority of axis changes to lauch the various functions. Also activate up/down, PgUp/PgDn, and Enter to navigate through menus. Would this type of control work with Shotgun?
        2003 Lexus SC430 - Black with Ecru. VaisTech & NavTool with Centrafuse integrated into factory nav screen (hands-free Bluetooth, Voice Command, mp3's, videos, HD Radio, Sirius Sat. radio, DVD, Internet, & digital gauges (via OBD-II)), & LuxLink module.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Habious View Post
          Very nice looking!

          I'm pretty sure I saw this in person. Saturated Fat...You're the man in the 350Z right?

          I was very impressed with how responsive this front end was. Just amazing how you were just zipping around it!

          Question #1 - Any thoughts/plans to add Sirius support? I'm currently using Centrafuse 2.0 with a Sirius SC-C1 and the MJS interface. Wonderful hardware package and I LOVE Sirius over XM.

          Question #2 - Hotkey/Keyboard support? I'm using a Space Navigator to do the majority of my controlling in the car. I have it set up to just activate hotkeys for the majority of axis changes to lauch the various functions. Also activate up/down, PgUp/PgDn, and Enter to navigate through menus. Would this type of control work with Shotgun?
          Yea the Z is mine, you had the Lexus SC right?

          1 - I'm currently working on Sirius radio using that same interface, should be available soon.

          2 - There are currently a few hotkeys built in, I can add more or work on making it customizable in the future.

          Oh, forgot the mention the front end is written in .Net 2.0

          Thanks for the comments guys!
          Shotgun! - An Advanced CarPC Software Solution!

          Comment


          • #6
            +1 on the skin comments!

            Shotgun! - An Advanced CarPC Software Solution!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by theklassic View Post
              +1 on the skin comments!

              Don't let it go to your head
              Shotgun! - An Advanced CarPC Software Solution!

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi.

                I just tried your app and I must say that it looks very promising.
                I'm having 2 issues as of know.

                The first issue is that my music mp3 titles are not displayed correctly because they contain Greek characters. Is unicode supported?

                I have embeded Destinator6 and I can see a tool icon on the map. It's probably a tool icon from iguidance. Is there anyway to make the tool icon go away ?

                thanks
                The road is long but we are getting there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tolisn View Post
                  Hi.

                  I just tried your app and I must say that it looks very promising.
                  I'm having 2 issues as of know.

                  The first issue is that my music mp3 titles are not displayed correctly because they contain Greek characters. Is unicode supported?

                  I have embeded Destinator6 and I can see a tool icon on the map. It's probably a tool icon from iguidance. Is there anyway to make the tool icon go away ?

                  thanks
                  You Mp3's should display just fine, however I havnt had any non-english character songs, do you mind sending me one? [email protected]

                  Some users have already mentioned the iguidance toolbar, we will add support for toggling it off and on in the next release.

                  Thanks for the support guys!
                  Shotgun! - An Advanced CarPC Software Solution!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    this looks great! I'll give it a shot later today
                    Mercedes Benz CLK 430

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MoFo View Post
                      this looks great! I'll give it a shot later today
                      Dude, I'm loving that email address and domain name. Thanks for downloading!
                      Shotgun! - An Advanced CarPC Software Solution!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Looks very promising, agree with the above Great Skin !!!

                        Comment


                        • #13


                          Hi.

                          1. I just sent you a Greek song with ID3 tag to your email.
                          Have alook and let me know

                          2. I'm trying out destinator6 as my navigation engine. When I press the navi button shotgun opens the navi screen and them loads destinator. Is there any way you can load destinator when shotgun starts up and also embed it before the navigation screen is called. This way when the navi button is pressed, the navigation screen will be shown with destinator already embedded.
                          The road is long but we are getting there.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by tolisn View Post
                            Hi.

                            1. I just sent you a Greek song with ID3 tag to your email.
                            Have alook and let me know

                            2. I'm trying out destinator6 as my navigation engine. When I press the navi button shotgun opens the navi screen and them loads destinator. Is there any way you can load destinator when shotgun starts up and also embed it before the navigation screen is called. This way when the navi button is pressed, the navigation screen will be shown with destinator already embedded.
                            Wait Destinator doesn't embed? Or there's a delay the first time navigation is accessed?
                            Shotgun! - An Advanced CarPC Software Solution!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Destinator embeds just fine but there is a delay the first time that navigation is accessed and the destinator screen moves around until it is embedded by shotgun.
                              The road is long but we are getting there.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X