Next update?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next update?

Just wondering when it is due guys and what we can expect..?

I have noticed some big improvements in 1.0.6.3 but also have found that video management isnt as robust. It tends to slow down the SD interface to both gestures as well as video playback, neither of which were present in earlier versions.

Also, I have noticed that the radio module appears to do some strange things, when I save my preset freq to say "0" by a long press on the number in the radio module it saves the freq. When i then change freq and re-select 0 from the tuner bar it saves the new freq over my preset? Surly this isnt how it is supposed to function (although i realise virtually no-one else is using radio atm).

Also, is there any fix on the horizon for the mappoint 2006 "lines" issue that happens sometimes? I know your all working hard looking into new navigation engines, but it would be nice to have bugs fixed with our current software standard.

Finally, i know your updates are always well awaited by most on the forum, and always generate interest in SD and how to push carputers forward in functionality

I know your all working hard looking into new navigation engines, but it would be nice to have bugs fixed with our current software standard.

We actually are working on getting the bugs out of and adding the user desired functionality to the current build of StreetDeck. The new navigation engines have been talked about, but they are lower on our list of priorities than the current SD issues.

It tends to slow down the SD interface to both gestures as well as video playback, neither of which were present in earlier versions.
    I'll poke around about that.

Also, I have noticed that the radio module appears to do some strange things, when I save my preset freq to say "0" by a long press on the number in the radio module it saves the freq. When i then change freq and re-select 0 from the tuner bar it saves the new freq over my preset? Surly this isnt how it is supposed to function (although i realise virtually no-one else is using radio atm).
    Sadly, you certainly are in the minority when it comes to using the radio module. What type of hardware are you using for that functionality?

Just wondering when it is due guys and what we can expect..?
    Almost all of our design time has gone into making sure that the G4 is the best it can possibly be. The next patch for SD will be publicly available after the G4 is released, which is, of course another question entirely. While it is still in Beta and subject to change, the current build has some very cool new features, new driver support, and a ton of bug fixes. "Physically" this thing is about twice the size of your average update. Thus far.

Comment

Patrick. Thanks for the info; it's a pleasant change to hear some things from the staff.
      2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
      Core Duo CarPC
      CarDomain page

Comment

Thanks for your time Patrick!

I have spoken with the QA team about the next release and have been told that they are planning to release it a few days after the G4 is released. We are aiming for the release of the G4 to be on April 16th.

Some of the issues you have mentioned that you have run into sound like bugs, specifically the radio issue.

Would you mind reporting that in the bug reporting sub-forum?
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

More than happy to post it in the bug forum, as far as hardware in use, im using the silabs usb dongle. It works fine with a radiator type .dll loaded in the radio plug in directory. Everything works fine, just the memory recall of frequencies that is behaving strangly.

Cheers all, and im looking forward to the update (as ever!)

Comment

Originally posted by Caelric View Post
            Patrick. Thanks for the info; it's a pleasant change to hear some things from the staff.
            Poke us enough and we'll come out of our little digital holes!

Comment

....or I throw emails at everyone asking for help from the rest of the staff and stuff starts to happen!

Jan Bennett
              FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
              X