No announcement yet.

DVD sound problems

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD sound problems

The sound for DVD's is very low compared to the music. It used to work before but Streetdeck went a little crazy, so I reinstalled it and now its acting different. Here's what I know:

- Slim slot-loading panasonic DVD RW pata with pata to ide to usb converter
    - USB DAC
    - Latest Streetdeck update installed

1. It used to work!!
    2. I tried 2 different DVD's and its the same low volume
    3. Music is clear and plenty loud at 50% volume. I have to turn it up to 100% just to barely hear DVD's
    4. Reinstalled Streetdeck (deleted all install dirs prior) and still the same
    5. It has to be somewhere but I have no idea what controls this. I didn't have to tweak anything before.

Any help is appreciated.

IS300 IBP manual

since SD uses wmp, if the dvd is using ac3 or some other codec, you will need to install that I believe. I know with ac3 decoders, I usually have to turn up the volume adjustment under the codec's options.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the Store

Im actually having that same problem. Never had it before. It's playing the background tracks, but not the dialogue. It's almost as if it's set to play on a 5.1 ch stereo, but isnt playing the left & right channels, just the fill.

Any ideas which codecs are most compatible? Which work best for everyone else?

I didn't go into the codecs and mess with them since I was fed up with the whole system. I ended up rebuilding the OS and reinstalled the drivers located in the FAQ and it went away.

See if your sound card is doing something strange.

IS300 IBP manual