Alternate Shell into StreetDeck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate Shell into StreetDeck

Has anyone tried it yet with streetDECK?
    http://incarCPU.com

yea... I am doing it. It works OK

It allows my boot times to be faster and it seems to work great if everything else is working. I just rebuilt my carpc and I think I am having some troubles with my USB devices and SD is crashing on me every 3rd boot.

Standby works until the 3rd boot.... I have to be quick about it but when it is coming from standby on the 3rd boot it shows the "going into standby" screen and starts the count down, I just hit the back button. (This has always happened to me.) I was told putting it into Hibernation would be better off. I have not tried that yet.

If you do this make sure you have a keyboard that will work within the BIOS. I have a wireless keyboard that will work in the beginning BIOS but it will not allow me to hit F8 to get into safe mode. If SD crashes you will need to boot into safe more to change the shell back.

Overall.... I like it booting into safemode. Just wish it worked ALL the time.
    2003 E46 BMW
    Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
    ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
    Everything is for sale.

Comment

Ah, so I'm not the only one that is having the "3rd boot" problem. Does ANYONE have any idea what the hell causes this?
      Build Two:
      Planning: [==========]100%
      Purchasing: [=====---------]50% (Car just got broken into)
      Design: [=======-----]70% (Building a false panel to cover up my goodies)
      Install: [======--------]600% (Need to replace screen and beisel)

Comment

Originally posted by EvilLawnGnome View Post
        Ah, so I'm not the only one that is having the "3rd boot" problem. Does ANYONE have any idea what the hell causes this?
        Is this on Vista or XP?
        http://incarCPU.com

Comment

XP Pro w/SP2
          Build Two:
          Planning: [==========]100%
          Purchasing: [=====---------]50% (Car just got broken into)
          Design: [=======-----]70% (Building a false panel to cover up my goodies)
          Install: [======--------]600% (Need to replace screen and beisel)

Comment

I have had that too - I think it is especially prevalent with the usb flash drive plugged in on boot, but I'm not 100% on that. The car pc starts up and the screen is just black with a pointer like it's about to start, but instead, it just sits there for a while and eventually crashes.
            View my current SD Projects:

Comment

I dont have a USB flash drive. But this weekend I did a little different wiring and did some testing today and everything was working perfectly. I got rid of a usb hub and now have my Touchscreen and GPS run directly to my PC. I havent had it fail yet.... but I will keep you posted.

Are you using a USB hub?
              2003 E46 BMW
              Everything is for sale.

Comment

No hub... just a stick
                View my current SD Projects:

Comment

whats a stick?

Ever since I did straight USB from PC to device... I have not had any of the 3rd boot issues. (I am using SD as shell)
                  2003 E46 BMW
                  Everything is for sale.

Comment

Working...
                  X