Can SD do this next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can SD do this next?

Just finished some 600miles in a hire car with a sat nav, and for the most part it reminded me how good SD is compared to lots of other systems.

Couple of things it did which would be nice if SD could;

1) The volume level increased with the cars speed, so as you got faster/slower you didnt have to adjust the sound level. Im sure this should be a simple fix/bolt on for you guys as all the info is already contained within SD.

2) When giving voice directions it didnt stop the audio, it simply reduced the level of the audio and played the voice over the top. This was really subtle and would really help to "smarten" up the way SD talks.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by geeky_hawkes View Post
    1) The volume level increased with the cars speed, so as you got faster/slower you didnt have to adjust the sound level. Im sure this should be a simple fix/bolt on for you guys as all the info is already contained within SD.

RR does this, in a user setable manner. In other words, you choose the mph in which it starts ramping up the volume, the mph in which max volume is reached, and settings for the high and low volume.

It's one of the things I wish SD did as well, although if I remember correctly, God_of_CPU said this was not going to be integrated into SD because of the variability of sound cards.
    2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
    Core Duo CarPC
    CarDomain page

Comment

Surly it could be intergrated though for all soundcards if the max and min volumes are user configurable?

If i was clever enough to code a digimod i would give this a go, sadly i would have no idea where to start.

Likewise for the playing media volume to be dropped not cut out when SD is "speaking"

Comment

Yeah, I haven't dug into writing digimods yet, but I will eventually.
        2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
        Core Duo CarPC
        CarDomain page

Comment

Working...
        X