Clock & others

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock & others

I've been waiting for the update, but I was wondering if the clock was going to be a standard thing on all the different screens.

Also when in navigation mode, can the volume be added as well as and ETA? I thought the last screen had the ETA but it keeps showing either 30 mins off, but the time goes down... doesn't make sense... if that makes sense.

Originally posted by rcnacura View Post
    I've been waiting for the update, but I was wondering if the clock was going to be a standard thing on all the different screens.
    Why do you think somebody wants to have a clock on the screen all the time and waste display space, when 99% have a clock in the car??
    I don't know why you not, but do you seriously expect them to change this only for you, to make you happy and all others frustrated??

Comment

Considering that it can be added by altering your skin, I think this one is entirely up to you.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I've been using centrafuse for awhile now and I'm use to the clock. And my clock in my car was replaced when I put the pc in so thats why. I'm just asking a question, no need to jump down my throat about it.

I was looking at trying to make my own skin, but haven't had the time to play around with it. Can the Volume button be added to the navigation screen with skinning?

What about the ETA in the navigation. In iguidance it shows you what time you will arrive and I find it extremely useful. Maybe my trial of SD just is messed up?

Comment

Originally posted by rxh81 View Post
          Why do you think somebody wants to have a clock on the screen all the time and waste display space, when 99% have a clock in the car??
          I don't know why you not, but do you seriously expect them to change this only for you, to make you happy and all others frustrated??
          It could be made an option in the settings. and off by default. i want the same feature... but cannot use the development tool as the reason I bought this software was because I am not tech savy.

Comment

Originally posted by rcnacura View Post
            My clock in my car was replaced when I put the pc in so thats why.
            Bingo!

Originally posted by rumy View Post
            It could be made an option in the settings. and off by default. I want the same feature... but cannot use the development tool as the reason I bought this software was because I am not tech savy.
            +12345

This is a feedback forum, hopefully used to convey feature requests to SD devs. Let's not hassle people for wanting to use SD in a specific fashion, even if it may be a "quick" programming fix.

I wouldn't have paid for StreetDeck if I wanted to "code" tweak my front end.

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX-STI
            Pioneer AVIC-D3 <-- poooor comparison to StreetDeck!!!

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder
            Stock... for now

SOLD - 04 WRX - In-Dash Touchscreen, MacMini, StreetDeck ver 1

Comment

If it doesnt get added I am sure if asked nicely in the skins section someone would knock you up a skin with the clock on each screen. (If i get chance over the next few months il give it a go)

Comment

Since when is locating elements on a graphic overlay considered "coding"?
                Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by god_of_cpu View Post
                  Place the time on CAlwaysVisibleOverlay and it will be visible in every module.
                  Its not going to be in the default skin because it takes up too much space.

Comment

In SD's defense, it is probably the easist front end to change the skins. Watch the tutorial (all of 18 mins long), play with the Dev Enviroment for about 15 mins, and you can be an expert at skinning SD. It is suprisingly easy, and it is the main reason I am sticking with SD despite some other complaints I have about it.

Anyways, once the next version comes out, I'll look into skinning a clock into it.

Dave
                    2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
                    Core Duo CarPC
                    CarDomain page

Comment

Originally posted by Caelric View Post
                      In SD's defense, it is probably the easist front end to change the skins. Watch the tutorial (all of 18 mins long), play with the Dev Enviroment for about 15 mins, and you can be an expert at skinning SD. It is suprisingly easy, and it is the main reason I am sticking with SD despite some other complaints I have about it.

Anyways, once the next version comes out, I'll look into skinning a clock into it.

Dave
                      Hmm, I didn't find this to be the case. I fired up the dev mode and it looked pretty complicated (I'm a Network SysAdmin, not a prorammer). Guess I should watch the tutorial again and give it another try.

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
                      Since when is locating elements on a graphic overlay considered "coding"?
                      In my mind, anything that is not in options/settings, but where you have to enter "dev" mode to tweak, is closer to "coding". Know what I mean?

Just the same, as I say above, I will give skinning another try. If not, the clock suggestion (and any other user skinable requests) may be best double posted in General as a feature request for devs, in case enough folks request the same, AND in the skinning forum.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
                      2008 Subaru Impreza WRX-STI
                      Pioneer AVIC-D3 <-- poooor comparison to StreetDeck!!!

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder
                      Stock... for now

SOLD - 04 WRX - In-Dash Touchscreen, MacMini, StreetDeck ver 1

Comment

Well, I said it was the easiest. I didn't mean it was easy, just that it is orders of magnitude easier than skinning the other front ends I have tried.

However, it is not that hard. If you are computer literate (and as a sysadmin, I hope you are!), then once you watch the tutorial, you should have no problems at all. If you do have questions, feel free to ask.
                        2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
                        Core Duo CarPC
                        CarDomain page

Comment

So, after all this discussion about wanting a clock...how easy it is...has anyone developed a skin or a digimod? There seems to be a lot of posts with people ASKING for a clock option throughout SD, but I haven't seen any posts of them finding what they were looking for.

Comment

you dont need a digitalmod for the clock.. its very straightforward to add to the skin.. by modding the skin...

but it DOES take up space..
                            Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Thanks, I realize that you dont need a mod, but a mod would allow you to have a cloak without having to give up so much space. Perhaps even a gesture that would display the time. I've never created a skin and wouldn't honestly know where to begin with a digital mod, but if no one has already worked up a solution/alternative then I might take on working up a skin when Christmas break rolls around.

Comment

Working...
                              X