Street eck have visual effects?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street eck have visual effects?

I was wondering if SD had those cool visual effects like you would fine in these other front ends. Like the ones they have in winamp or Windows media player. Couldnt find any info in the threads. still thinking if i want SD or something else, would love to have this feature. Thanks all

StreetDeck has visualizations from WMP available.

Curious... Why is this feature so important to people?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I agree. I think I'm missing something. Can someone explain why people find these visualizations so important? I'd like to understand why.
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

i dont think its important, i just think they are cool to have running sometimes while the ride is in a show or something

Honestly though is SD probably the best FE to get?

Comment

Originally posted by mygti02 View Post
          Honestly though is SD probably the best FE to get?
          Only you can decide that.

You need to ask yourself what you're looking for.

StreetDeck is probably the easiest to configure and install.
          Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post

Well i have been trying to set up this freeway FE and what a pain in the ***. I tried a few of the others like RR, Media Engin and whatever else is on the Front End page, i dont know what one to choose. I want something that is goingto run reliebly and doesnt take a geniuse to setup, but i dont mind a little bit of a challenge

Comment

then I'd suggest StreetDeck.

Why don't you download the demo and give it a go?

http://www.streetdeck.com/dev-edition.php
              Jan Bennett

Comment

And easiest to skin!
                2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
                Core Duo CarPC
                CarDomain page

Comment

then I'd suggest StreetDeck.

Why don't you download the demo and give it a go?

http://www.streetdeck.com/dev-edition.php
                  I did but i had to walk away from it and the 15 or 30 mins whatever the demo is expired and now it wont work even after i uninstall it and reinstall it

Comment

Ditto. Only lasted me 15 minutes, and kept freezing.

Comment

Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

What happened is that the demo only works for 15 minutes at a time. When that time is up, you have to close it out and restart it.

Additionally, it has a thirty day limit on usage as well.

Finally, if you uninstall and reinstall it, that leaves some entries in your registry that permanently disable the demo mode. The only way to continue to use it is in developer mode.

In my opinion, these are some rather draconian anti-piracy measures, but I am not in a position to know how much piracy of SD is going on. According to the developers, SD has been pirated multiple times, even prior to its' actual release. This would certainly justify the measures taken to reduce the piracy.

Anyways, if you are really interested in continuing to demo SD (in DEMO mode), in order to get your full 30 day demo, you will need to uninstall SD, then go into your registry, and delete every refereence to SD that is in there. Finally, reinstall SD, and you now have the 30 day demo active again (of course, limited to 15 minutes at a time) Disclaimer: if you screw up your registry, don't blame me. If you don't know what you are doing in your reigstry, you shouldn't be mucking around there in the first place.

Finally, to the devs of SD (including G_of_C): If you think this advice on how to circumvent the uninstall/reinstall piracy protection is over the line, feel free to delete it. It appears to me, however, that it is a legitimate means to correct an honest mistake a user made in trying the demo.

Dave
                        Core Duo CarPC
                        CarDomain page

Comment

Originally posted by Caelric View Post
                          What happened is that the demo only works for 15 minutes at a time. When that time is up, you have to close it out and restart it.

Additionally, it has a thirty day limit on usage as well.

Finally, if you uninstall and reinstall it, that leaves some entries in your registry that permanently disable the demo mode. The only way to continue to use it is in developer mode.

In my opinion, these are some rather draconian anti-piracy measures, but I am not in a position to know how much piracy of SD is going on. According to the developers, SD has been pirated multiple times, even prior to its' actual release. This would certainly justify the measures taken to reduce the piracy.

Anyways, if you are really interested in continuing to demo SD (in DEMO mode), in order to get your full 30 day demo, you will need to uninstall SD, then go into your registry, and delete every refereence to SD that is in there. Finally, reinstall SD, and you now have the 30 day demo active again (of course, limited to 15 minutes at a time) Disclaimer: if you screw up your registry, don't blame me. If you don't know what you are doing in your reigstry, you shouldn't be mucking around there in the first place.

Finally, to the devs of SD (including G_of_C): If you think this advice on how to circumvent the uninstall/reinstall piracy protection is over the line, feel free to delete it. It appears to me, however, that it is a legitimate means to correct an honest mistake a user made in trying the demo.

Dave

would that mean if i closed the program then i should have no problem opening it back up and using it again in demo mode? at the screen for the registration code, i select cancel to start the demo mode but it wont open for me I'll try deleting the other files and see if that works

Comment

Yes; once you close the program, you can open it right back up for another 15 minutes. Clicking cancel is the right way to do it.

However, as you mentioned, you will need to erase all those registry items, because of you have uninstalled and reinstalled SD, it will automatically end your 30 day demo.

Again, I want to reiterate, if you don't know what you are doing in the registry, don't screw around in it! You can easily make your entire windows installation corrupt, possibly requiring a complete reinstall. At least back up your registry before you change anything in it.

Dave
                            Core Duo CarPC
                            CarDomain page

Comment

Originally posted by Caelric View Post
                              Yes; once you close the program, you can open it right back up for another 15 minutes. Clicking cancel is the right way to do it.

However, as you mentioned, you will need to erase all those registry items, because of you have uninstalled and reinstalled SD, it will automatically end your 30 day demo.

Again, I want to reiterate, if you don't know what you are doing in the registry, don't screw around in it! You can easily make your entire windows installation corrupt, possibly requiring a complete reinstall. At least back up your registry before you change anything in it.

Dave
                              Thanks Dave. The problem im having though (before i un-installed the software) is when i reopen it after the 15mins and click cancel to enter demo mode, it closes the program and says to purchase the full program.

Comment

Working...
                              X