Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM VS Sirrius in SD

hey,

Ok so if you guys haven't noticed the XM interface in SD is one of the best, well at least its the best ive seen so far, but unfortunately im not satisfied with XM as it cuts in and out in long road trips and Ive heard Sirius doesn't do that.

So Im thinking of making the switch. I know there is a digital mod for SD to support sirrius but from the screenshots it doesn't look as nice as the native XM.

two questions:

1. How would you compare the SD module of XM and Sirius, in terms of functionality, looks and overall stability.

2. Will SD ever support Sirius natively like the XM.

Thanks guys

It wont matter, I don't know where the link is now but a quick Google search will tell you what you want, but XM and serious are joining forces and becoming one.
    "Mess with the best, die like the rest."
    Work Log --> Old Car (Totaled)
    Work Log v2 --> New Car (Totaled)
    Work Log v3 --> GMC Suburban K2500 (Engine died)
    Work Log v4.5 --> 05 Toyota Tundra DC SR5

Comment

Originally posted by P3D4T0R View Post
      It wont matter, I don't know where the link is now but a quick Google search will tell you what you want, but XM and serious are joining forces and becoming one.
      hey,
      I meant compare the SD Module not the service. I know about the merge but because sirius uses non stationary sat in BC specially you get better reception.

I also believe the quality is a tad better.....

Comment

I wasn't trying to compare them I was simply saying that the service will be one therefore the XM module will work with serious or the StreetDeck team will rework the module to support the new service created from the merge. Simply put I don't think it will matter for much longer.

Comment

lets hope so... coz the constant cutting out is getting to me...... hahaha with XM I havent downloaded music in a while and on my capping trip when XM crapped out on me I felt like a cripple as I was the one with the booom boom in the car

Comment

Where is your antenna placed on you car? XM is well known for getting a better signal in the northern hemisphere, I know that I only lose signal when I go into tunnels. While my friend who has serious losses signal when we go under trees.

Comment

Where is your antenna placed on you car? XM is well known for getting a better signal in the northern hemisphere, I know that I only lose signal when I go into tunnels. While my friend who has serious losses signal when we go under trees.
              I have a jeep grand Cherokee and the antenna is placed on the edge of the roof at the back and in the center.

do you have XM and what about your friend? coz thats when I loose signal in trees.

Comment

Originally posted by rumy View Post
                I have a jeep grand Cherokee and the antenna is placed on the edge of the roof at the back and in the center.

do you have XM and what about your friend? coz thats when I loose signal in trees.
                I have XM and I never lose signal my friend has serious and we always joke when she loses signal that a bird flew over her car... You could also check the connection, the wire (for any kinks), and if the wire runs near any high power/amperage lines because that could affect signal in unshielded antenna wires.

Comment

a bird flew over her car...
                  hahah nice one... where are u.... im in BC, Canada and after googling a lot over here this is problem apparently, but I will try installing a new XM antenna.... thank for the tip....

Comment

I live in Massachusetts, USA

Comment

yahh see i know XM craps up out north coz of the stationary sats at the equator .

Comment

I got xm here and it only has problems under reallllly thick trees and tunnels.
                        1990 Jeep Cherokee
                        2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                        2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

I drove around in Vancouver, BC in 2002 before XM Canada launched and the signal was pretty bad because there were no repeaters and I was in an urban environment. I remember reading on the XM forums that Canadians would have to sign up using a US address if they wanted service because it was not for sale to them. I'm not sure if XM has repeaters there now.

Comment

I wasn't trying to compare them I was simply saying that the service will be one therefore the XM module will work with serious or the StreetDeck team will rework the module to support the new service created from the merge. Simply put I don't think it will matter for much longer.

The last I read, there's only about a 40-50% chance the merger will even make it past regulatory and shareholder approval. Assuming it does make it, and all goes smoothly, the merger won't be complete till the end of this year at the earliest. In addition, it will take some time for a convergence of technologies, infrastructure, etc.
                            "It's a blessing . . . and a curse."

Comment

I don't have many probs with XM at all and I use to have the antenna INSIDE of the car. The only time I lose signal is when I'm in canyons or thick trees. I live in Northern Cali.

The merger is almost somewhat retarded imo. Now XM/Sirius will have a monopoly and I'm just hoping that our monthly charges wont increase or some new "tax" on our bill. I am interested in getting sirius channels, if that does increase our overall channels. I know there are some other regular FM station people/groups that are boycotting the merger, which is still somewhat dumb imo also. We have awhile till we see the merger actually shape up however.

Comment

Working...
                              X