Feature request: Show the total track time, not just the elapsed time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature request: Show the total track time, not just the elapsed time

I think it is important to show the total track time when playing a Music track, instead of just the elapsed time (which is also needed).

So currently when a 5 minute song is 2 minutes over, you see:

"2:00"

...but I want it to show:

"2:00 / 5:00" (or something similar; I don't care so much about the format as I do the information)

It could be made an option, but I don't see how anybody would not want to know that information... it's pretty standard for digital music players, and there is plenty of room to show it.

Thanks,
    John

Big 2nd! ...have been meaning to mention that myself :-)

On a related note: the 'now playing' screen should show total track time in the track info area ;-) ...and perhaps year of album? This screen should, IMHO, provide as much info as possible / easily viewable about the track...it's included in the track tags, right? so shouldn't be hard to do..

Comment

Definitely agree with the total track time!
      2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
      Core Duo CarPC
      CarDomain page

Comment

Also agree with John and S4 about the now playing !!

Comment

Make this a fifth.....
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by S4Per View Post
            Big 2nd! ...have been meaning to mention that myself :-)

On a related note: the 'now playing' screen should show total track time in the track info area ;-) ...and perhaps year of album? This screen should, IMHO, provide as much info as possible / easily viewable about the track...it's included in the track tags, right? so shouldn't be hard to do..

Yeah, I'd love a way to see all/most of the tag info for a track. It would also be nice to see that information on the big window that briefly appears (which I really like) when a new music track begins (such as album, track #, year - maybe make this configurable).

John

Comment

Oh, I see that the album name (and artist) does appear in the splash window when a new track begins - it's just hard to see while driving. Would be good if that could be made more visible, and also show the track #.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                Oh, I see that the album name (and artist) does appear in the splash window when a new track begins - it's just hard to see while driving. Would be good if that could be made more visible, and also show the track #.
                I believe that is a skinning issue.

Comment

100% Agreed!

Comment

Working...
                  X