XMPCR/Mac Mini/iMic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMPCR/Mac Mini/iMic

Any Street Deck help or ideas would be appreciated here...

I have a Mac Mini running boot camp and StreetDeck. I'm using an XMPCR for my Satellite radio. Apparently there is a problem with the built-in line-in using boot camp, so I thought that would be solved easily enough by using a Griffin iMic. Guess I was wrong. I plugged everything in but no luck. I can get sound out of the iMic but for some reason what's coming into the iMic is not getting passed through (is this a function of StreetDeck)? I have tried playing the XMPCR stand alone through a recording app and through the Windows test function and the input does seem to be working. Output is working as well as I can play all of the Windows sounds and Internet Radio through StreetDeck.

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, similar setups, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by YellowCobra View Post
    Any Street Deck help or ideas would be appreciated here...

I have a Mac Mini running boot camp and StreetDeck. I'm using an XMPCR for my Satellite radio. Apparently there is a problem with the built-in line-in using boot camp, so I thought that would be solved easily enough by using a Griffin iMic. Guess I was wrong. I plugged everything in but no luck. I can get sound out of the iMic but for some reason what's coming into the iMic is not getting passed through (is this a function of StreetDeck)? I have tried playing the XMPCR stand alone through a recording app and through the Windows test function and the input does seem to be working. Output is working as well as I can play all of the Windows sounds and Internet Radio through StreetDeck.

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, similar setups, etc?

Thanks in advance.
    Sounds sort of like my problem.... No sound from XM... except I'm using Windows XP Pro OS.... I feel for you... except that this all happened after I upgraded... to 1.0.8.1... still trying to figure out what the hell happened... I too have to feed a known audio source into my line in.. just to be sure it works... but I feel it will...the output just like yours works great, except sometimes the MP3s play at maybe 50% speed, like S-L-O-W.... at least I know I'm not the only one....

Comment

I've done a little more playing with it. It seems that my XM won't work on 1.0.6.x either. I was indeed able to get it to work on a different PC with a better sound card, which makes me think that Mac Mini sound card (or drivers) just aren't capable of the streaming for Street Deck. I am using XP Pro, just running it on a Mac Mini using boot camp. Any Street Deck experts out there know for sure?

Here's my setup for anyone that can help...

Mac Mini 1.6Ghz
      512Mb RAM
      Street Deck front end
      XMPCR (connected to USB and line-in on Mac Mini)

Any ideas, suggestions, etc would be appreciated. I'm hoping I don't have to give up on my Mac hardware...

Comment

I messed about with my minimac for a bit, was trying to get sound from my bluetooth phone kit.. BUT the minimac soundcar doesnt not support passthough.. which means you can not hear what is coming in through your mic in realtime like you can on most sound cards, you are missing the mic slider from the mixer..

CdR
        Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Thank you for the help. So my next question is "does anyone know of a USB sound card that supports the pass through properly?" I have found a few that have DTS pass through, but don't know for sure if any of those would work.

Comment

you might have to look at the audigy nx I think for that.. then you have to look at powering it and also a anti thud circuit maybe.

I didnt play with it all that much, but did go as far as going to the intel site and downloading the latest sound drivers for the board and still got the same result
            Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

I had this same problem with my mini, and it drove me crazy for a day and a half. I wound up getting a SB Live! 24-bit External for about 40 bucks at the local CompUSA. Works great for what i need it for, although it doesn't sound quite as nice as the onboard audio did, I think because the thing is USB 1.1. Do yourself a favor and make sure the one you get is USB 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by YellowCobra View Post
                I've done a little more playing with it. It seems that my XM won't work on 1.0.6.x either. I was indeed able to get it to work on a different PC with a better sound card, which makes me think that Mac Mini sound card (or drivers) just aren't capable of the streaming for Street Deck. I am using XP Pro, just running it on a Mac Mini using boot camp. Any Street Deck experts out there know for sure?

Here's my setup for anyone that can help...

Mac Mini 1.6Ghz
                512Mb RAM
                Street Deck front end
                XMPCR (connected to USB and line-in on Mac Mini)

Any ideas, suggestions, etc would be appreciated. I'm hoping I don't have to give up on my Mac hardware...
                I got my XM back.... after a complete re-imaging of the hard drive... I'm not sure what happened when I installed 1.0.8, but basically it just didn't work... before I go thru and jump back into "updating" to 1.0.8, I'm going to make a image of what I know for sure works... this way I can definitely "go back" and know I have a working Streetdeck.... but in any case 1.0.6 works with XM and WinXP Pro....with SoundMAX on board sound card!

Comment

Working...
                X