Updated to 1.0.9.8 on T3 messed up Radio AND now 1.1.0.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated to 1.0.9.8 on T3 messed up Radio AND now 1.1.0.0

The Radio tuner on my T3 with 1.0.6.3 installed works flawlessly and the quality is great no static.
    But as soon as I updated to 1.0.9.8 all Radio stations have lots of static like the T3 canno't tune to the channels correctly, the Radio settings is also missing from the "Settings" page. Tried tuning all the stations again, also reverted back to default settings no change.

As soon as I reverted back to 1.0.6.3 the Radio is flawless again!..
    What's going on?

Suggestions? Why would the radio be working flawless on my T3 with 1.0.6.3 and crap on 1.0.9.8? Also the Radio settings are missing from 1.0.9.8

Comment

no to mention that the am frequencies are all wrong, they are off by as much as 100khz, example: am640 is 740 on the T3 band.

Comment

Originally posted by jabz View Post
        The Radio tuner on my T3 with 1.0.6.3 installed works flawlessly and the quality is great no static.
        But as soon as I updated to 1.0.9.8 all Radio stations have lots of static like the T3 canno't tune to the channels correctly, the Radio settings is also missing from the "Settings" page. Tried tuning all the stations again, also reverted back to default settings no change.

As soon as I reverted back to 1.0.6.3 the Radio is flawless again!..
        What's going on?
        Run with -DontRouteInfillRadio and it should work like it did on 1.0.6.3
        StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
        Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
        The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

can you explain how to do what you suggested thank you .
          mp3car infill g4

Comment

in the shorcut you use to start SD, add -DontRouteInfillRadio at the end of the "Target" path. If there are quotes around the path listed, make sure to add it AFTER the quotes. Example:

"C:\Program Files\StreetDeck\StreetDeck.exe" -DontRouteInfillRadio

Comment

Originally posted by god_of_cpu View Post
              Run with -DontRouteInfillRadio and it should work like it did on 1.0.6.3
              Ok I have just had time to RE-upgrade to 1.0.9.8 and try this.
              I added it to the Streetdeck shortcut so it reads like below..
              "C:\Program Files\StreetDeck\StreetDeck.exe" -DontRouteInfillRadio -testmode

And restarted Streetdeck, and the Radio is still messed up! Same static sound, that switch didn't do anything. Even removed -testmode and no improvement.
              Removed the 1.0.9.8 update and the radio is fine again?! Any ideas? I WANT to upgrade!!!!

Comment

I now have installed the latest 1.1.0.0 update and the radio is the same, both with and without the -DontRouteInfillRadio switch

"C:\Program Files\StreetDeck\StreetDeck.exe" -DontRouteInfillRadio -testmode

The only radio station that seems to come clear is 96.1MHz, all other presets 88.6, 91, 91.8, 90.6 are fuzzy and staticy.
                I also did a reset all configuration data in Streetdeck.

Once I reverted back to 1.0.6.8 from 1.0.9.8 all Radio presets are fine and work flawlessly!

Ok so what has been done to the radio to cause this behaviour in the new releases?!
                Have you changed the Radio region or something?
                I want to be able to update my Streetdeck!! This MUST be a simple solution, something you have changed from 1.0.6.8

If I can't update with the Radio working then there is no point in running Streetdeck anymore.

Comment

AND NOW that I have 1.1.0.0 installed I CANT uninstall it, the uninstaller says "Unable to remove update, Major version number changed!" or something like that.

Comment

OK So I need the Streetdeck guys to comment on my following findings. Before I go ahead and capture and post all the log files.

I uninstalled fully 1.1.0.0 and reinstalled 1.0.6.3 on my Infill T3, however only when i renamed
                    the \my documents\streetdeck dir could I start it.

Radio works fine in 1.0.6.3, ALL FM stations tune fine all stations ending in even and odd station numbers, i.e. 88.6MHz (even), 90.2MHz (even), 91.0MHz(even) 91.8MHz,(even) 96.1Mhz (odd)

Upgrade to 1.1.0.0, ALL defaults, skin default, config default.
                    FM radio stations are noisy and staticy like they aren't tuned in properly, BUT FM stations ending in ODD numbers are fine!!
                    96.1 is fine
                    90.0 is noisy
                    91.8 noisy
                    88.6 noisy

Then looking back at the main UI in the 1.1.0.0 update of Streetdeck there are two options for Radio, one is AM/FM Radio, and then there is another "Radio", which brings up a screen titled
                    HDD or HD Radio with floating frequency presets in the window. However they are all ODD preset stations! So 91.0 is 91.1, or 91.3 91.5... 96.1 etc
                    Since 96.1 is a valid station choosing it works fine. Choosing any others gets static. Choosing stations close to 91.0 i.e. 91.1 get the station but noisy and staticy.

Going back to main Streetdeck screen and choosing "Am/FM Radio", and manually tuning in the stations to EVEN stations numbers which are valid i.e. 88.6, 91.0, 90.2, 91.8 all even stations are noisy/staticy. Which makes be believe the UI is saying radio is tuned to 91.0 when in fact its tuned to 91.1 ODD stations?!

How can I change this behaviour of only odd frequency ending station frequencies being available?

This will certainly explain why the odd ending station 96.1 tunes cystal clear but all others which are even ending stations aren't clear at all.

Why are there 2 options for the Radio in 1.1.0.0 and why is one called "HD Radio"?
                    And why does it only have ODD numbered frequencies available?

There is a Keypad option in the HD radio screen, what is it for? I tired to tune to even stations but it didn't work.

Comment

Where are you located? Only odd stations are valid in the US.
                      The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

I am in New Zealand, we have odd but most are even FM stations.

I played some more driving to work.

The HD Radio screen shows all Odd stations, even if I clear them and use "Auto Search" it puts them all back ending in ODD frequencies.
                        When going into "AM/FM Radio" and manually tuning to 91.0Mhz the sound is still noisy staticy. Then going into the HD Radio screen it shows it is tuned to 90.1 and the next available is 91.1. When in fact I need 91.0

this is the same for 88.6, 90.2, 91.0, 91.8, 95.0 ETC

So pretty much the UI in the AM/FM screen is wrong.
                        And Streetdeck is causing the radio tuner in the Infill T3 to tune ONLY to odd ending frequency radio stations. So whats the fix, surely there is a WORLD mode radio tuning option in this update?

Since Streetdeck 1.0.6.3 works fine i.e. tunes to ALL stations, you just have to replicate that tuning behavior for the rest of the world in your latest Updates!!

This should have been picked up during ALPHA/BETA, are there no testers outside of USA? If not then I'll be happy to be a tester.

Comment

You can use the command line option -RadioTuneEvenStations to tune to the even stations.

Comment

Thanks will try that and report back.
                            I couldn't see all the parameters available, since the message box that shows them extends past the T3 resolution so there is no way to see them.

Comment

Thanks the -RadioTuneEvenStations parameter worked fine for AM/FM Radio , tuning works for even frequency stations

Although HD Radio still shows all presets as odd ending frequency stations. It never shows even frequency stations.
                              WHat is this HD Radio option anyway?

Comment

Working...
                              X