Navigation POI's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation POI's

Is it just my installation or does everyone only have around 5 POI categories to choose from (restaurants, ATM, hotels, theatres...). On the Garmin gps systems, They have over 30 POI's such as 20 restaurant POI's (greek, thai, chinese, indian...).

So am i the only one on SD that gets 5 POI's or is this something that everyone has? Anyone know where i can get all the other POI's?

I think you should be able to choose from the following:

All
    Custom
    ATMs
    Gas Stations
    Hotels
    Restaurants
    Theaters

If you choose "All" you should see all POIs regardless of the category. If you choose "Custom", then you'll also need to hit the "Custom POIs" button and tell StreetDeck what categories you want to see when you select "Custom".

This is from memory, so forgive me... Give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by deep6 View Post
      If you choose "All" you should see all POIs regardless of the category. If you choose "Custom", then you'll also need to hit the "Custom POIs" button and tell StreetDeck what categories you want to see when you select "Custom".

This is from memory, so forgive me... Give it a try.
      That's correct. It sure would be nice if the SD team could work on/implement importing POIs...AFAIK, it still doesn't work.

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

I've noticed that when I try to search for locations by name, certain places that I would expect to show up don't show up on the search (i.e. Best Buy, Big 5, etc). Has anyone experienced this?

Comment

TO get the other POI's you have to go into the custom POI listing and uncheck the ones you don't want to see.

I've noticed that some of the names of places have been shortened or changed when you search. For example, when I was searching for the location of a preschool with an uber long name the other day instead of "...Preschool and Kindergarten" it was shortened to "...Pschl..."

THen when I selected it, the name of the owner showed up instead of the name of the school. That could be the reason why it doesn't search properly.
          My old Worklog

Comment

Yeah, I've noticed that about the search. I don't think it's ever turned up any results for me. I'm usually stuck with specific addressed or POIs.

Comment

Originally posted by crutonius View Post
              Yeah, I've noticed that about the search. I don't think it's ever turned up any results for me. I'm usually stuck with specific addressed or POIs.
              Me, too. the search doesnt work at all. I always ended up using the google poi which breaks every time its fixed. the online search works but not the local.

Comment

I`d never did it before. That`s cool =) .

Comment

Is it possible to create your own POI category? Like say you are interested in "book stores" are you able to make a sub category labeled book stores and import your own store names, addresses and such?

Comment

The first post from Chuck in this thread: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/stre...ml#post1088033 is saying that when importing (if it worked), StreetDeck will only recognize a pre-determined list of POI categories. I haven't seen or heard of a way to modify that list, so I suspect that it is hard coded. Someone please jump in and correct me if I'm wrong...

I do have to admit, once the importing itself it working, it would be nice to be able to define our own categories, both to toggle on and off in the Custom list, but also to be able to define which ones we see in the basic list (Custom, ATMs, Hotes, Restaurants, etc.). I'd like to be able to add my own category and then define whether or not it will show up in the "standard" view.

Comment

deep6, I read that post but it seems no one could get their list to actually import. I agree adding our own custom categories would be nice but the list of categories could work as far as adding our own custom poi's. To bad it seems it doesn't work correctly, or seems that way I cant try until at least Tuesday when i get my car back.

Comment

Originally posted by meth68 View Post
                        Is it possible to create your own POI category? Like say you are interested in "book stores"...
                        I think you mean category: Strip Clubs ...Book Stores c'mon you're not fooling anyone.

Comment

I wanted to keep it a "g" rated post but you caught me I would make one for strip clubs but that could go in the "entertainment" category

Comment

Working...
                          X