Here is a program to auto-click the testmode warning on hibernate resume

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a program to auto-click the testmode warning on hibernate resume

just fyi - working great for me. just installed the trigger program and pointed it to the exe.

Thanks for writing this!

-Per

Here is a program to auto-click the testmode warning on hibernate resume

** UPDATE: WITH THE 1.1.0 UPDATE PATCH, THEY MADE IT WHERE YOU ONLY HAVE TO CLICK THE BUTTON ONCE TO DISMISS THE DIALOG RATHER THAN TWICE LIKE IN THE PREVIOUS VERSION, THEREFORE I UPDATED THE FILES TO ONLY CLICK ONCE NOW :-) **

Alright, well I made myself a fix for this, figured i would share it just in case someone else wants it..

Basically i just made a little program that, when ran, will click the mouse in the area of the screen where the "yes" button is for the testmode confirmation dialog on resume from hibernation. This ones i made only works with 800x600 and 800x480 screen resolution.. i could easily make it work with others.

To make it work you need 2 things.
    1. My Program
    -----> 800x600 http://www.minitruckinguy.com/testmo...600-1click.exe
    -----> 800x480 http://www.minitruckinguy.com/testmo...600-1click.exe
    2. Hibernate Trigger http://www.rpi.edu/~desimn/suspendtrigger/

Just use hibernate trigger to run my .exe program each time the computer resumes and all should work out well. At least it does for me! Although, it did take a little playing with to get hibernatetrigger to work right for me.

(BTW: I assume no responsibility for how you use this information / program or the outcome. Use at your own risk!)

- Mike

Comment

very nice

thats a very nice contribution, I imagine you can start splash screens, welcome
      and good-bye messages that way etc

The questions at this point are as follows:
      1. how many instances of the trigger app can you run?
      2. does it work or can it be modified to work on "stand-by" rather than hibernate?
      3. could I put a "command line" in there to be able to shutdown usb devices before the power is cut off, and start them again on power up?

thanks Mike!
      Testing Street Deck and Centrafuse on G4

Comment

Sweet!

I haven't personally used this, but doesn't SD have capabilities to automatically run anything you place in the corresponding shortcuts folder? Or does that happen after the user dismissed the dialog?
        Mark

See all my CarPC projects

Comment

Originally posted by marchello2000 View Post
          I haven't personally used this, but doesn't SD have capabilities to automatically run anything you place in the corresponding shortcuts folder? Or does that happen after the user dismissed the dialog?
          You have to dismiss the dialog before you are even able to mute or lower the volume!

Comment

Originally posted by spiro View Post
            thats a very nice contribution, I imagine you can start splash screens, welcome
            and good-bye messages that way etc

The questions at this point are as follows:
            1. how many instances of the trigger app can you run?
            2. does it work or can it be modified to work on "stand-by" rather than hibernate?
            3. could I put a "command line" in there to be able to shutdown usb devices before the power is cut off, and start them again on power up?

thanks Mike!
            Its a real simple program, only about 4 lines of code that i wrote using a program called AutoIT http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/
            Its pretty simple if you know anything about programming, and if you want i can give you the source file for my trigger.
            I don't see why you couldn't run more than one instance of it.
            As for the usp cut on / off, you might want to check out devcon: http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q311272
            From what I hear, that can be used with hibernatetigger to reset and enable/disable usb devices on hibernate/resume.
            I believe the hibernatetrigger.exe program works on hibernate and standby, but i could be wrong. If it doesn't work on standby, i am sure there is some program out there that works on standby.
            - Mike

Comment

Originally posted by marchello2000 View Post
              I am not sure, if you find out let me know.. would be a lot easier than using hibernate trigger if it worked.
              - Mike

Comment

Originally posted by thepunkerguy View Post
                Its a real simple program, only about 4 lines of code that i wrote using a program called AutoIT http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/
                Its pretty simple if you know anything about programming, and if you want i can give you the source file for my trigger.
                I don't see why you couldn't run more than one instance of it.
                As for the usp cut on / off, you might want to check out devcon: http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q311272
                From what I hear, that can be used with hibernatetigger to reset and enable/disable usb devices on hibernate/resume.
                I believe the hibernatetrigger.exe program works on hibernate and standby, but i could be wrong. If it doesn't work on standby, i am sure there is some program out there that works on standby.
                - Mike
                Thanks Il give it a shot and see if it works on stand-by!

Comment

Originally posted by thepunkerguy View Post
                  I think that the latest version of SD does already enable/disable USB devices on hibernate and resume...it's somewhere in the change log. I've had no more problems with my Griffin Powermate correctly initializing on resume since updating to the latest SD version.

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

** Update: With The 1.1.0 Update Patch, They Made It Where You Only Have To Click The Button Once To Dismiss The Dialog Rather Than Twice Like In The Previous Version, Therefore I Updated The Files To Only Click Once Now :-) **

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

No problem!
                        - Mike

Comment

Possible to modify for 900x600 resolution?

Would it be possible to modify your program for 900 x 600 resolution, or will one of the two that you created work to click the testmode screen? Thank you so much for this contribution!!

-Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by nationapn View Post
                            Would it be possible to modify your program for 900 x 600 resolution, or will one of the two that you created work to click the testmode screen? Thank you so much for this contribution!!

-Andrew
                            Try the one for 800x600, I believe that one should work just fine for you... Try it out and let me know if it does or not..

If not, i can make it work for you in about 2 minutes if you do this: take a screen shot of the screen while SD is open full screen and the testmode confirmation dialog box is open. You can do this by hitting the 'Print screen' button on your keyboard and then opening MS Paint and pasting it in there. Then just save the file and email to me at thepunkerguy*at*bellsouth.net or however else you would like to get it to me. Basically i need the image because then i can find the X and Y pixel coordinates for where the yes button is on the confirmation dialog. Let me know man.. thanks!
                            - Mike

Comment

Thanks!

Works perfectly. Thanks PunkerGuy!

Comment

Working...
                              X