Vista Wi-Fi sync

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Wi-Fi sync

I have Streetdeck running on windows XP on an Intel Mac Mini. I recently upgraded my other computer (desktop PC) to Vista where I currently store all of my files. I am having trouble setting up a Wi-Fi sync in Streetdeck on the Mac mini with my Vista machine. I have enabled file sharing and I can map to the shared drives in windows on the mac, just not in Streetdeck. The error that it gives me says: "Logon failure: unknown username or bad password. 0000052e" I can set up a Wi-Fi sync with another XP machine, just not Vista. Any ideas?

I am having similiar issues. I have been able to get around it by using "net use" periodically to re-authenticate. Then it works. My next step was to create a matching account on the carpc and set it to log in automatically.

It would be a good thing to fix.

Originally posted by bermudmj View Post
    I have Streetdeck running on windows XP on an Intel Mac Mini. I recently upgraded my other computer (desktop PC) to Vista where I currently store all of my files. I am having trouble setting up a Wi-Fi sync in Streetdeck on the Mac mini with my Vista machine. I have enabled file sharing and I can map to the shared drives in windows on the mac, just not in Streetdeck. The error that it gives me says: "Logon failure: unknown username or bad password. 0000052e" I can set up a Wi-Fi sync with another XP machine, just not Vista. Any ideas?

Comment

I have the same problem above, but slightly different circumstances. I have tried both MCE and XP Pro, and when I try and connect to my server, I put in the correct auth details and I get the same login error. I run a windows 2003 domain, and the connection to my media server is pre-authenticated, is there no way to connect without having to use a username and password??

I am using the demo version at the moment, and this is one of the key points that will make me purchase this software, I would appreciate an answer of some kind if possible.

Regards,

Fest

Comment

Working...
      X