NavTones & Celebrity Voices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NavTones & Celebrity Voices

Hey all, just bought the software, and begining the plans for installing in my Charger.

I have looked on the site for the answer, but it hasn't been updated latley, so I will pose it again...

When will the Celebrity voice feature be active?

I'd also like to know this.

Originally posted by gfmedia View Post
    Hey all, just bought the software, and begining the plans for installing in my Charger.

I have looked on the site for the answer, but it hasn't been updated latley, so I will pose it again...

When will the Celebrity voice feature be active?
    --
    2001 Ford F-150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4, Supercharged

Comment

can anyone from streetdeck give a heads up on this or is it "top secret" and no discussion on it is allowed.

I did however for those intrested and don't know this, downloaded a voice from Cepstral (sp?) his was an English voice named Lawerence. Worked flawlessly with Streetdeck as it is a windows voice addon. Much better listening a to a semi-sauve (aloughth sometimes in broken english) voice instead of da** Microsoft Sam and all those.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmedia View Post
        can anyone from streetdeck give a heads up on this or is it "top secret" and no discussion on it is allowed.

I did however for those intrested and don't know this, downloaded a voice from Cepstral (sp?) his was an English voice named Lawerence. Worked flawlessly with Streetdeck as it is a windows voice addon. Much better listening a to a semi-sauve (aloughth sometimes in broken english) voice instead of da** Microsoft Sam and all those.
        If you have the full version of Streetdeck, you should have at least 6 other choices in the voices option. I think Streetdeck Heathers voice is the sexiest.
        Contrary to my profile information, I am not "Streetdeck Staff" and have not been for quite a while.

Comment

I was not familiar with this NavTones until reading this thread which lead me to google it. I could be missing something, but it looked to me like it's for TomTom systems.

Where did you buy the software from that's for Windows/Streetdeck?
          My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

I have never used this feature. I believe the coding is in SD and we need to just purchase licenses. This will be brought to the attention of management. I will let you know the results.

Comment

Originally posted by mpacesaints View Post
              If you have the full version of Streetdeck, you should have at least 6 other choices in the voices option. I think Streetdeck Heathers voice is the sexiest.
              Yeah I bought the Lite version and then bought the mappoint system. I don't know where they got heather from for thier system, but here are some voices that you can download onto windows, (mind you these are demos, they have links to buy the full version for 29.99). I just would like to have the Celebrity voices feature active. I beleive it was in another post from earlier in the year that it was linked to the NavTones voices but they were having licensing issues ...ahh found it from Novemeber of 2006, from god of CPU "The celebrity voices are from NavTones and should be available soon. We just have some more paper work to complete." http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/stre...ices-cool.html

Cepstral:http://cepstral.com/cgi-bin/downloads?type=1124808311

Comment

Originally posted by StreetDeckAce View Post
                I have never used this feature. I believe the coding is in SD and we need to just purchase licenses. This will be brought to the attention of management. I will let you know the results.
                Thanks for responding to this, I just would love to see this active. I mean Lawrence is much better to listen to than MS Sam and them, but Mr. T, or Gary Busey, now taht shuold be an entertaining ride!

For those that have no clue....http://navtones.com/

Comment

Here is what we have left to do:
                  • Sign the license agreement with Navtones
                  • Document the installation
                  • Work out the details of distribution. (download from navtones.com?) sell on mp3car store? Sell on navtones.com?
                  This probably won’t happen for a while.
                  Unless there are dozens of people who want this, it is more important for us to focus on other issues. (bugs, hd radio, blutooth)

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for at least providing some info on its status. I for one would defintly love to see this feature active.

Comment

Count me in as someone who wants it.
                      My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

me too...
                        Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

I'm in
                          My old Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by Fiberoptic View Post
                            Here is what we have left to do:
                            • Sign the license agreement with Navtones
                            • Document the installation
                            • Work out the details of distribution. (download from navtones.com?) sell on mp3car store? Sell on navtones.com?
                            This probably won’t happen for a while.
                            Unless there are dozens of people who want this, it is more important for us to focus on other issues. (bugs, hd radio, blutooth)
                            I think that it makes the most sense to do whatever is necessary to maintain SD's dominance in the software market first, as financial success for SD means more resources able to be devoted to "bling" features.

That said, I'd like to see this feature active as well. I had one of the decent Microsoft voices before replacing my HD and reinstalling SD...somehow I managed to "downgrade" to Microsoft Anna during the process, as the other voices are no longer available to me.

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Working on it. No ETA available.

Comment

Working...
                              X