Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StreetDeck loads slowly

Hello

I've been experiencing an issue with slow loads times with StreetDeck after updating 1_0_8_1 to 1.0.9.8 and then to 1.1.0.0.

Note the issue is only with the time it takes for StreetDeck to fully load once open StreetDeck funtions with no issue.

If I revert back to 1_0_8_1 StreetDeck will load in 1-3 seconds. After updating to 1.0.9.8 or 1.1.0.0. StreetDeck will take 2-5 minutes to load will almost certainly crash on first attempt and for the most part will launch on second attempt.

Any input would be greatly appreciated my specs are listed under my screen name.

Thanks
    My Install

Run with -verbose and post a long
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Thanks for the quick responce heres the log from the -verbose.

2007-08-02 13_07.txt

Note when I ran StreetDeck with the -verbose option i saw the messase below in StreetDeck.

WARNING: CInfillOverlay::OnStartup - Error opening infill device hardware (1), trying again! (Open Failed!)
      My Install

Comment

Delete T3DevControl.dll from program files\streetdeck
        The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Chuck.. is it possible to add a question in the installation where it asks you if you are installing to a T3/G4/other system... and then have it install only the T3/G4 drivers etc if the option is picked?.. or did I just miss it in the install and the option is already there?
          Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Wow that was a fast was responce, I deleted the T3DevControl.dll file now when i run StreetDeck it begins to run then closes and prompts me to insert CD it is lokking for the StreetDeck.msi file
            My Install

Comment

Originally posted by Kimota View Post
              Wow that was a fast was responce, I deleted the T3DevControl.dll file now when i run StreetDeck it begins to run then closes and promts me to insert CD it is lokking for the StreetDeck.msi file

I have the same problem but deleting the file did not work so i renamed an empty text file to T3DevControl.dll.

Comment

Thanks Kalt your always a life saver, I'll try that but after deleting the T3DevControl.dll file I'm being prompted to reinstall StreetDeck (don't have dvd handy at this time) I restored the orginal file and still was prompted to reinstall StreetDeck.

I'll try adding the blank T3DevControl.dll file in a few.

Thanks.

P.S

I'm now tied with you, on my 6th i945Gtt Woot
                My Install

Comment

Originally posted by Kalt View Post
                  I have the same problem but deleting the file did not work so i renamed an empty text file to T3DevControl.dll.
                  did that work for you?
                  Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Originally posted by strohj View Post
                    did that work for you?
                    Yeah it worked great, you can also edit out the info notepad.

Comment

I'm now tied with you, on my 6th i945Gtt Woot
                      Hopefully we won't have to get a 7th board

Comment

Originally posted by strohj View Post
                        Chuck.. is it possible to add a question in the installation where it asks you if you are installing to a T3/G4/other system... and then have it install only the T3/G4 drivers etc if the option is picked?.. or did I just miss it in the install and the option is already there?
                        The option is already there.

Comment

Okay it was a bit of a nightmare but I finally got it working. After deleting the the T3DevControl.dll I was being prompted for the install DVD when I ran StreetDeck(which I didnt have and was about 1 hour away from).

Got home inserted install DVD it copied files over I then created a blank text file and renamed it to T3DevControl.dll, ran StreetDeck it loaded extremely slow. Aside from loading slowly StreetDeck kept loading a route to my home and would load a group of songs in the queued music. I cleared the route and queued music but every time StreetDeck was reopened it would load the same route and queued music that had been cleared.

I did not want to uninstall StreetDeck as I would need a new registration code and the offices where closed. I deleted all the files in C:\mydocuments\StreetDeck (except for virtual earth copied that to desktop) ran a repair for the StreetDeck DVD then installed the 1.1.0.0. Copied my virtual earth folder back to C:\mydocuments\StreetDeck deleted the T3DevControl.dll, created a blank text file and renamed it T3DevControl.dll.

Presto 2 hours latter StreetDeck with 1.1.0.0 update loads in 1-3 seconds

As usual thanks for all the help
                          My Install

Comment

All I can say is wow. I wish I knew about this for the past 6 months I've had SD on my carputer
                            Full Install Blog
                            Percent Complete: [|||||||||/] - 95% install

Comment

I did not want to uninstall StreetDeck as I would need a new registration code and the offices where closed.

As usual thanks for all the help
                              I know this is an old post and you are now on CF, but you are aware that you could reformat, reload windows, and your current registration would work? It's a matter of hardware that sets the code. Not the software. So as long as the harddrive and motherboard are the same, you have no worries.
                              My opinion is my own.

Comment

Working...
                              X