Album cover art issue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Album cover art issue?

I didnt want to put this as a bug report because I think it may end up something minor. I saved all of my album covers in its correct directories and named them folder.jpg. When I view the thumbnail view in windows all of the correct covers are visible. When I look through WMP all of the correct covers are visible. For some reason 1 album in streetdeck shows the cover of a different album, I have tried clearing my index and reindexing with WMP with no luck, it shows fine in windows and WMP but streetdeck keeps should another picture.

Any ideas?

related problem?

i recently added some songs to my music' folder for my g4. everything plays fine but album art is the same for all songs? someone hlp me out? not this way my ipod.

Comment

I have experienced the same issue recently with my album art in the car. One cover is showing up for a BUNCH of my music. I believe it doesn't have to do with StreetDeck but something external to StreetDeck.
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I had to go through a rigorous re-vamp of all my mp3 tags about 6 months ago due to how particular and picky WMP is about art in the tags. If you guys are experiencing it, chances are I did too, and I can hopefully help.

I need a little more info though.

Meth - What is the artist and album affected, and what album art is it showing? Are all your music files organized so that each album's files are in their own separate folder?

Cazz & Red, what one cover is showing up for all your music? Are all your music files organized so that each album's files are in their own separate folder?
        My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

My files are organized as such:

Genre
          |_ Artist
          ...|_Album
          ......|_Music Files/album art/album review.txt

The one album cover is Louis Vandross - I don't even know for sure if I even have any music by that guy! I've been meaning to go back and check, but I haven't had a chance, and I've been out of town all week so I don't have access to my external HDD to easily check this and trouble shoot it.
          Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
            My files are organized as such:

Genre
            |_ Artist
            ...|_Album
            ......|_Music Files/album art/album review.txt

The one album cover is Louis Vandross - I don't even know for sure if I even have any music by that guy! I've been meaning to go back and check, but I haven't had a chance, and I've been out of town all week so I don't have access to my external HDD to easily check this and trouble shoot it.
            Ok. Your file organization is perfect, so the problem is not there. What sounds to possibly be the problem, especially if you don't even think you have Luther Vandross (I'm assuming you meant "Luther") is that you have album art embedded in the tag of the files that you're having issues with. WMP will look to the art embedded in the tag for individual song files. My guess is that Streetdeck just does the same thing WMP does.

Do you have an app called Tag&Rename? If not, how do you manage your mp3 tags, or do you at all?

Let me know on that. If you don't have T&R, I'll send it to you and tell you what to do next.

Comment

hahah - yeah - ment Luther...I was sitting at the car rental place here in houston waitng for my husband to drop off the rental car so we could head home to dallas...and they were calling 'Louis' over the intercom.

I actually have a fully paid for an registered version of T&R. I'm in the process of going through my 55,000 files right now to ensure proper ID3 tags, but that could take a year.

What's strange is that in the same album I'll have some songs with the right album art and some with the wrong album art.
              Jan Bennett

Comment

Yeah that definitely sounds like an embedded art issue for sure.

In Tag & Rename, go to any single file that is showing improper album art. Right-click on it and select "Edit FileTag". On the right side of the window that pops up, you should see a picture.

Is the picture the wrong album art for that song, the correct album art, or no picture at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Nola111 View Post
                  I had to go through a rigorous re-vamp of all my mp3 tags about 6 months ago due to how particular and picky WMP is about art in the tags. If you guys are experiencing it, chances are I did too, and I can hopefully help.

I need a little more info though.

Meth - What is the artist and album affected, and what album art is it showing? Are all your music files organized so that each album's files are in their own separate folder?

Cazz & Red, what one cover is showing up for all your music? Are all your music files organized so that each album's files are in their own separate folder?
                  My issue is with 1 specific album, or atleast as far as I know because its an album I play on a regular basis.

My albums are all in their own folders artist - album name and inside are the mp3's and the correct folder.jpg.

I recently made a July Mixtape - 2007 folder, dumped about 100 hiphop/r&b songs I listen to on a regular basis, tagged them with the correct info and new album name with no pictures added and dropped a photoshopped image of an album cover I made. This cover shows up fine on my pc with thumbnail view and in windows media player library view. But for some reason in streetdeck my queen album cover shows up

Comment

Does the Queen album cover show up for every song in the July Mixtape folder? (put another way, in the SD queue, is the Queen cover to the left of every song title if you were to queue up your July Mixtape album?)

Chuck does Streetdeck pay any attention to album art embedded within a file, or is it only looking at the folder.jpg in the album folder?

Jan, can you make sure Chuck sees my question? Thanks.

Comment

Yes in queue mode all of the songs have the queen album art. I appreciate your help with this btw.

Comment

StreetDeck does not use embedded album art. Please see this thread for more information:
                        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/stre...treetdeck.html
                        StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                        Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                        The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Hey Chuck, any ideas on my situation then? The art is not embedded its a folder.jpg file that is correct when i double click it, it shows up as a thumbnail in folder view in windows and even shows up correctly in wmp library page. Streetdeck shows it as a totally different album cover.

Comment

Can you tell me the exact file and folder structure of how to duplicate the issue using only two music files and two album art files?
                            StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                            Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                            The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Ok - I just transfered a Tool's Aenima album from my car to my laptop.

Opened up the album on the laptop and it shows correctly. In the car it doesn't.

Would using the album art extractor help trouble shoot this?

Unfortunately I don't think it's as easy as just narrowing it down to two files and folders, at least not in my case, what about you meth68?
                              Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                              X