Which is better Street Deck or CF?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is better Street Deck or CF?

I was originally going to go with CF but there are a few things i like about Street Deck better, like dual audio zones......

There are a few things missing though that I like in CF was wondering if SD had it to and I am simply missing it.

Also, can I choose what displays on what monitor. I have 4 monitors total.... On the driver side monitor i would like to be able to use navigation while everyone else is doing something like listening to music or watching tv... can this be done. Also is there a way to make the center monitor only show the main menu and when u hit a certain item it pops up on a certain tv. Say for example, I hit nav, so nav pops up only on my tv, etc

CF can access a TV card to watch local TV, my tv card also has the RCA ports so I can connect Playstation 2. I dont see a TV option for street deck..... is there a way to get it?

Also how good is SD at activating external apps, and does it embed them inside SD like CF does?

I see alot of internet enhanced things, maybe im blind, but i dont see a actual internet browser to browse the web. Does SD have one?

Also is there a simple way to change to a diffrent skin.... CF has an option to use diffrent premade skins...... To me CF has a nice layout and I would like to have a similar layout in SD. SD's layout seems boring.

Over all which would you guys prefer SD or CF?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Why don't you download the StreetDeck demo and try it out for yourself?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

That's an interesting answer Jan. : }

HiJack - I far prefer the interface/aesthetic of StreetDeck to Centrafuse, but if you're looking for multi-monitor support, CF walks all over SD. Currently, SD multi-monitor support (MMS) is little more than token. I'm holding out, hoping the SD team implements a system which works as well as CF does currently for MMS.

Bottom line, if you prefer the CF interface, need MMS (configurable by source, including TV-support), and native web browsing you may want to stay on the CF side of the fence for the time being.

Blue

PS - There are a few skins available in the skin forum: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/streetdeck-skins/ However, not anything that will so drastically change SD to look like CF.
      2008 Subaru Impreza WRX-STI
      Pioneer AVIC-D3 <-- poooor comparison to StreetDeck!!!

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder
      Stock... for now

SOLD - 04 WRX - In-Dash Touchscreen, MacMini, StreetDeck ver 1

Comment

Thanx BlueF, I decided to try SD and I hated it. So I went back to CF and found that they are realeasing an update which will also add features like gestures and a slider update is in the works....

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
        4X MK808b
        3x Perixx Touchpads
        3x 7 inch Screens
        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
          Thanx BlueF, I decided to try SD and I hated it. So I went back to CF and found that they are realeasing an update which will also add features like gestures and a slider update is in the works....
          I purchased SD and regret it. I used CF before, but liked the interface and appearance of SD. What got me to purchase was the bluetooth and traffic "coming soon". Soon apparently means in the next few years. I feel like I got swindled. If I got my money back, I'd go back to CF.

Comment

that is one thing I love about CF, David is really on top of things and he listens and adds features accordingly....

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
            4X MK808b
            3x Perixx Touchpads
            3x 7 inch Screens
            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by 96khz View Post
              I purchased SD and regret it. I used CF before, but liked the interface and appearance of SD. What got me to purchase was the bluetooth and traffic "coming soon". Soon apparently means in the next few years. I feel like I got swindled. If I got my money back, I'd go back to CF.
              I agree I feel a bit mislead with the bluetooth and traffic updates. In the end I am still pretty happy with SD it does everything I need my frontend for, there are some issues

video playback on my setup is horrible 100% of the time locks up. Fresh install of xp fresh install of SD, brand new pc and for some reason if i ever go from music video to another music video it locks up. If i let a music video play to the end it locks up rather then changing to another video. Its extremely annoying to the point I dont play videos anymore.

navi tends to go a little insane sometimes like getting off a highway just to get back on.

navi is missing a ton of features that other navigation units have, simple stuff like more then 1 selection to a destination is extremely useful.

programming custom gestures is next to impossible even with a simple gesture, i gave up after 20minutes of trying to make a simple > gesture.

bluetooth bluetooth bluetooth, this was posted on SD's website so long ago you would think not only would it be completed by now but completely tested and working 100% by now, now its difficult just getting an update and most of the time you get a "we are working on it". I am convinced it won't happen at all.

With that being said i have tried CF, SD and RR and SD is the most complete out of the box for what I want it for. I am happy with it, anyone that see's it running is extremely impressed. When it works its great,

Comment

Originally posted by meth68 View Post
                video playback on my setup is horrible 100% of the time locks up. Fresh install of xp fresh install of SD, brand new pc and for some reason if i ever go from music video to another music video it locks up. If i let a music video play to the end it locks up rather then changing to another video. Its extremely annoying to the point I dont play videos anymore.
                DVDs lock SD on me frequently as well...and I have the correct codecs installed. I agree, it's something that needs to be addressed. But, I haven't sent any bug reports/logs in about it, so I guess until I do that, I shouldn't complain too much.

bluetooth bluetooth bluetooth, this was posted on SD's website so long ago you would think not only would it be completed by now but completely tested and working 100% by now, now its difficult just getting an update and most of the time you get a "we are working on it". I am convinced it won't happen at all.
                As I've stated before, at this point I would be happy with even partial functionality...if audio issues are holding the development up, then release the other components and disable the audio functions. I just want the caller's info to pop up on the screen and the audio to mute when I get a call...that's it!

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

I agree with you 100%, Have SD notify me when I have an incoming call/text and I am happy. I dont even need hands free yet, just something to let me know my phone is going off for me to pick it up.

Comment

I agree with you 100%, Have SD notify me when I have an incoming call/text and I am happy. I dont even need hands free yet, just something to let me know my phone is going off for me to pick it up.
                    GoC, is this feasible?

Comment

Ditto for me. I noticed that there are many of us that would prefer to have the partially working bluetooth that displays caller ID. I can wait for the update to add handsfree after that point.

Comment

Originally posted by parksgm View Post
                        GoC, is this feasible?
                        They claim that they are done and the holdup in bluetooth is due to a problem with feedback or echos in the handsfree, which implicitly means that the other features are complete.

Comment

[QUOTE=meth68;1130696]

navi tends to go a little insane sometimes like getting off a highway just to get back on.

navi is missing a ton of features that other navigation units have, simple stuff like more then 1 selection to a destination is extremely useful.

QUOTE]

It's a Mappoint problem. I like the look of mappoint, especially the hybrid view. But the functionality and accuracy is lacking, compared to Iguidance. Speaking of accuracy of Mappoint, what I also don't like is that it will claim arrival, sometimes a block or more before you actually arrive. It also doesn't tell you if the destination is on the left or right side of the street. iGuidance is very accurate with arrival. When it announces your arrival at the destination, you're right in front and it'll tell you which side it's on.

Comment

It's a Mappoint problem. I like the look of mappoint, especially the hybrid view. But the functionality and accuracy is lacking, compared to Iguidance. Speaking of accuracy of Mappoint, what I also don't like is that it will claim arrival, sometimes a block or more before you actually arrive. It also doesn't tell you if the destination is on the left or right side of the street. iGuidance is very accurate with arrival. When it announces your arrival at the destination, you're right in front and it'll tell you which side it's on.
                            Comments on the forum by the developers (specifically God_of_CPU) have indicated that they are aware that mappoint has many limitations, and are considering using a different mapping engine in the 2.0 release of the software. However, they also said such a release is pretty far out on the horizon, as changing the Nav engine would require major modification of the program.

I agree that the Mappoint leaves quite a bit to be desired with regard to accuracy, especially the timing of announcing arrival at a destination. I previously used CoPilot 8, and from what I remember, it was superior with regard to accuracy.

In any case, I think that it is important for the end users to continue to express concrete reasons for dissatisfaction with Mappoint if we hope to see change in the future.

Comment

Another issue that has no fix or any talk about fixing is the POI's, I have yet to find anyone that has gotten a custom POI import to work correctly with 1.0.9.8 or 1.1.0.0

Comment

Working...
                              X