The "How to Enable Testmode" Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "How to Enable Testmode" Thread

Ok i spent all morning doing a search of "testmode" on these forums, and you get results of about 54 threads which took me considerable time to get through, and it took me several hours of parsing through pages of threads to find exactly HOW to enable testmode.

All search results point to just USING testmode as a solution to a problem. I thought i would start a thread for people who are searching to find a definitive way to turn on testmode.

To launch SD in "testmode":
    in the shortcut that launches SD, add "-testmode" at the end of the 'target' box. The shortcut is usually on your desktop, and make sure you add the "-testmode" AFTER the close-quotes. (ex. "...\streetdeck.exe" -testmode)

I have found a thread to help click the "ok" while IN testmode:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/stre...light=testmode

Hope this helps anyone who is stuck in searching through countless threads for this.
    <.>

Test mode is made avaliable for testing use or for use by passangers. Testmode can only be legally used for those purposes and you may be violating your state laws with any use outside of that.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

yhanks ABTsportline, why I need to click when in testmode?? If in my state there isn't any law about this problem? or if I don't to want to respect the law, I think that is a my purpose

Comment

Originally posted by giannidsg View Post
        yhanks ABTsportline, why I need to click when in testmode?? If in my state there isn't any law about this problem? or if I don't to want to respect the law, I think that is a my purpose
        the software was developed in a country where this is the law.... obviously you are welcome to use it outside the US, but i don't think they will change the code as you still have the liability issue.
        <.>

Comment

If you live in a state that doesn't have any laws regarding using SD in a moving car, then you can add the name of your state + "mode" to the command line, and the testmode will be enabled BUT WITHOUT the annoying warning (it's an undocumented feature of SD).

For example, if you live in Alaska, then just replace -testmode with -Alaskamode, and you'll get all the benefits..

good luck...

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
              No offense intended to anyone above...I was just having a bit of fun. ;-)

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by parksgm View Post
                If you live in a state that doesn't have any laws regarding using SD in a moving car, then you can add the name of your state + "mode" to the command line, and the testmode will be enabled BUT WITHOUT the annoying warning (it's an undocumented feature of SD).

For example, if you live in Alaska, then just replace -testmode with -Alaskamode, and you'll get all the benefits..

good luck...
                For a brief second, I thought you were being serious...
                2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
                Core Duo CarPC
                CarDomain page

Comment

There, updated my post...should have done it that way to begin with.

Sorry!
                  Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                  X