No announcement yet.

sd and ipods ? how is this meant to work?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sd and ipods ? how is this meant to work?

Ok so I am new to SD, I got to the part about using an ipod with it. GREAT I though, I envisioned it not for myself as i have my own music synced to the SD'd hard drive, how ever if a friend comes a long for a ride and has an I pod he can dock his Ipod and we can listen to the music on his device.

is this the idea of it or am I off base?

So i read up on the forums since there is nothing in the manual about it and I install Itunes. so my 2nd question is , is there any particular settings I should have set on itunes?

then i plug in my ipod, well itunes wants to try to wipe my ipod and resnyc it with the copy of itunes on SD, I wisly click no, as I want to be able to use my ipod with tunes on my home computer and certainly a friend would as well. so Q3: how do you get around this issue ?

next the only stuff i could get up when i went into music and ipod was a couple of test tunes i put on itunes in the car, nothing on the ipod would show up.

so what am I doing wrong?

help please

Check this post as I think it will answer your questions:
    Via EPIA M1000
    M2-ATX Power Supply
    Win XP Pro SP2
    512 MB RAM
    60GB Hard Drive
    Xenarc 7" Touchscreen
    MP3Car Bluetooth Dongle
    Netgear USB 802.11G WiFi Dongle
    XMPC USB XM Satellite

Nope it dosnt answer the main question about itunes trying to erase and sync with an ipod that is plugged into it.