Show Cursor in Street Deck / Vmod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Cursor in Street Deck / Vmod

I've just put Vizualogic's VMOD in the Jeep which comes with the StreetDeck software.

I've also bought a Logitech MX-Air mouse - which has Gyroscopic sensors so you can just pick it up and move it about rather than have to move it against a surface.

The MX-Air works great in the Internet function and when I escape into Windows - but the rest of the time there's no mouse cursor on screen making it very difficult to use!

Any way to disable the way Street Deck hides the cursor?

Thanks

Can't recall exactly, but I remeber in settings seeing a spot that hides or shows cursor (its a check box)

Comment

Originally posted by Oman4x4 View Post
      I've just put Vizualogic's VMOD in the Jeep which comes with the StreetDeck software.

I've also bought a Logitech MX-Air mouse - which has Gyroscopic sensors so you can just pick it up and move it about rather than have to move it against a surface.

The MX-Air works great in the Internet function and when I escape into Windows - but the rest of the time there's no mouse cursor on screen making it very difficult to use!

Any way to disable the way Street Deck hides the cursor?

Thanks
      Yes, there is a way in web distributed StreetDeck product, but unfortunatly the option is disabled on the VMOD.
      StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
      Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
      The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Well that's a shame!

As a developer - can you tell me if there's a variable in a config file somewhere that I could change to get the cursor back?

Also - are you able to tell me what else is on the full version of streetdeck that's been disabled in VMOD?

Is the VMOD hardware capable of running the full StreetDeck?

Thanks

We're a Vizualogic distributor and I'm playing with our first samples of the VMOD

Comment

Originally posted by Oman4x4 View Post
          Well that's a shame!

As a developer - can you tell me if there's a variable in a config file somewhere that I could change to get the cursor back?

Also - are you able to tell me what else is on the full version of streetdeck that's been disabled in VMOD?

Is the VMOD hardware capable of running the full StreetDeck?

Thanks

We're a Vizualogic distributor and I'm playing with our first samples of the VMOD
          Yes, you can run the full version on it, the remote control won't work as well and it won't be optimized for it nor tested on it.

Most of the disabled things are done to make it more stable and so there are fewer varibles that could go wrong. There has been quite a bit that has been optimized for it. I don't have a complete list available.

If you have a missing feature you want in it, you should report directly back to Vizualogic, then they can let us know that they need it and want to support it.

The cursor varible is hard coded off whenever the VMOD version starts up, even if you changed it in the config file it would be reset. In theory you could be able to write a small addin that would just set the cursor every second or so for the StreetDeck window, but the recommended route if you plan on selling this to customers would be communicate your needs to Vizualogic so we can develop a fully supported solution.

We do plan on bringing many more features over to the VMOD, but initially the goal is to get a very simplified version out that will just work solidly for the basics.
          StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
          Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
          The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Working...
          X