Very Happy With SD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Happy With SD!

Ok guys maybe alittle 2 faced here after the carry on i held about refunds etc , in the this is rediculace thread , but , i had only just installed SD and was annoyed that it didnt support phone yet , and felt ripped off , now i know you guys have been waiting for phone for over a year , but.....

Having used sd for a week now , i am really impressed! music is easy to find etc and with pending voice control from one voice.... will be amazing , i have used the Navagation module , and it has found every address i have put into it , and got me there no problems , i am in scotland , so maybe the maps are better for here ?

But overall SD gets a big thumbs up! from me , and insted of looking for all the negatives atm , i will enjoy it for what it gives me just now , and look forwards to the improvents as they come .

and if SD is looking for a european beta tester , fire em to me lol!

Originally posted by mrcgibb View Post
    Ok guys maybe alittle 2 faced here after the carry on i held about refunds etc , in the this is rediculace thread , but , i had only just installed SD and was annoyed that it didnt support phone yet , and felt ripped off , now i know you guys have been waiting for phone for over a year , but.....

Having used sd for a week now , i am really impressed! music is easy to find etc and with pending voice control from one voice.... will be amazing , i have used the Navagation module , and it has found every address i have put into it , and got me there no problems , i am in scotland , so maybe the maps are better for here ?

But overall SD gets a big thumbs up! from me , and insted of looking for all the negatives atm , i will enjoy it for what it gives me just now , and look forwards to the improvents as they come .

and if SD is looking for a european beta tester , fire em to me lol!
    Consider yourself hired as that beta tester. When did you apply you ask? Well, you were hired on the spot once you hit that check out button. J/K Someone here would get a chuckle from that. I'm pretty thrilled with the software as well and get more and more amazed the more add ons I do. Pretty soon I might as well just move in to my car. Only thing I'll be missing is the washer/dryer... oh yea.. bluetooth too!
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...06-vw-gti.html

Snowperformance.net
    vwvortex.com

Comment

Yes, SD is by far the best front end on the market right now but is lacking some features advertised from the beginning. Give me bluetooth phone support and possibly real time traffic and I would be very happy.

Comment

I bought it with what it can do, not what it was advertised it might do, sometime, in the future, but we don't know if or when.

It looks good and has a well integrated frontend, any other enhancements are a bonus.

Only real "problem" I've had so far, is that I can't make digital mods or skins since I can't get streetdeck developer to run on my computer at all.

This isn't really fair, since I am not running windows as my base OS, but because of the DirectX (I think, its some form of 3D rendering filter, don't remember offhand) wine/VMWare/Xen doesn't work. Yes, I have tried installing the VMWare 3D drivers, and OpenGL is enabled in my stock base.

Comment

Hello, mrcgibb
          I have StreetDeck too, and I got bluetooth phone support working. Unfortunately my phone does not support headset, but at least I get a message when someone is calling. I don't know why this module is not distributed with StreetDeck in the first place.
          I have 2 carputers with streetdeck, One is infill G4 - THE BEST carputer ever, and Lilliput TC-1000 - THE WORST!!! carputer ever, infill g4, had a StreetDeck bluetooth driver, so I thought why don't I copy it to Lilliput TC-1000 and try using it with built in CSR bluetooth. I did, and now it works PERFECTLY! I had some issues with windows, freezing to "death" during start-up, which I assume was because of a StreetDeck driver, but somehow, right now, it does not freeze!

I am as well very satisfied with StreetDeck, and I think that is the best program designed for SAFE-in car computer use. "Speed" module probably saved my life from accidents many times, not letting me go on msn while driving at 100 km/h on the highway. Gesture control is very useful, you don't have to get destructed from driving trying to find the "next" button. Unlike other programs that I used(, like RoadRunner, Centrafuse,) StreetDeck is the most user-friendliest, and that is what gives it the most value.
          I like that in Centrafuse there is a Web, phone, and e-mail integration, but other than that, it takes a lot of time to figure out how to use it.
          RoadRunner... I don't even want to talk about it. It's like talking about linux, it's good that it's free, but there is a manual as thick as bible that comes with it.

Only problems that I faced with StreetDeck were crashes after updates, which I learned how to fix (by simply removing StreetDeck folder from My Documents, and reinstalling the update with original StreetDeck CD inserted).

P.S. If you need these files (drivers) which make it possible to use phone support with streetdeck with any csr bluetooth hardware, send me an e-mail.

Comment

/\ very interested, can you tell us more about your setup? What piece of hardware, what software is supporting the hardware? Widcomm stack? Love to know, and try it out myself. Great find!
            My 2007 Scion Tc Install

Comment

What bluetooth driver are you using?
              My old Worklog

Comment

yeah thanks for info , give us some details

Comment

Originally posted by ruvester View Post
                  P.S. If you need these files (drivers) which make it possible to use phone support with streetdeck with any csr bluetooth hardware, send me an e-mail.
                  Sounds like spam to me. Anyone check on this yet?
                  My opinion is my own.

Comment

this is not a spam...
                    I've been contacted by MP3Car staff no to distribute the drivers.

Sorry...

Comment

this is not a spam...

Sorry...
                      Unless they created the driver and have a license on that driver "listed", they really have no say so in who you distribute to. However, they can keep you from posting it here.
                      My opinion is my own.

Comment

this is not a spam...

Sorry...
                        Gee, thats great, if true. They can be bothered to read this thread and try and prevent users from actually using the software, but they can't be bothered to let us know what in the **** is going on with SD.

Thanks a whole ******* bunch, SD/MP3Car staff. We just love the great support.
                        2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
                        Core Duo CarPC
                        CarDomain page

Comment

Originally posted by Caelric View Post
                          Gee, thats great, if true. They can be bothered to read this thread and try and prevent users from actually using the software, but they can't be bothered to let us know what in the **** is going on with SD.

Thanks a whole ******* bunch, SD/MP3Car staff. We just love the great support.
                          Yeah,
                          That digital fx 3.0 is looking better and better. Ran the internet radio for awhile driving around, and it never cut out. The iMon actually lists the song and artist which even the front end doesn't do. So might just be going there sooner than later.
                          My opinion is my own.

Comment

This has turned into a 3ring circus, no more support, someone with 6 posts says he has a BT driver we have been asking for almost 2 years for. Says he will hand it out, now says he cant? This all sounds fishy if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by meth68 View Post
                              This has turned into a 3ring circus, no more support, someone with 6 posts says he has a BT driver we have been asking for almost 2 years for. Says he will hand it out, now says he cant? This all sounds fishy if you ask me.
                              Responds to posts within 5 minutes. Responds to e-mail.......well, who knows.....still waiting.

fishy is a good term.
                              My opinion is my own.

Comment

Working...
                              X